About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Another Step

After homeschooling my kids for three years, today I go register them for public school. Yuck! A big part of me wants to keep them at home. I will completely miss my kids. But, part of me knows this is what they need. Ethan really needs to be around boys. He said he wants to continue to be homeschooled, but I think he will really enjoy making friends. He is so sociable! Britt is really nervous about going to high school. We have tried to prepare her mind and heart for what she is walking into, and what all she is going to see and hear. After private education and homeschooling, my kids are pretty sheltered. What I think I have taught Britt is that this next step is doing what she has prepared for all these years. She is stepping out into the mission field!!!! She is trying not to be anxious, but starting something new can always be scary!!!
So, today is just another step in out lives. Ivee is ready to go back to school. She has missed her teacher and she likes to play. She doesn't care too much for the other kids. She finally "allowed" them to play with her towards the end of the year. I think they babied her at first, and she didn't like that. It's hard when you are 4 and the size of a 2 1/2 year old. They all think she is so cute, and she uses a walker, so they think she needs everyones help.
So, today the Foley's take a step on a new adventure. We'll see where this road takes us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope, thanks for keeping us posted on how God is answering prayers on your family's behalf! Praying for all the children and you as they embark on the journey of school. Hope you have trained your children well so they will do just fine in school. They will be applying what the Lord has taught them over the years. Hope I will be praying for them spiritually, physically, and with their school subjects. Trust HIM and know that Jesus is the master teacher in their lives. HE is walking ahead.
God bless you,
Beth Pinyerd