About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Three days to go

She had a descent night of sleep. The itching lasted only about 1 1/2 hours in the middle of the night. Hopefully that will end altogether soon. Her surgery went well and she really isn't complaining of pain. She does just kinda lay there though, so I'm going to ask for Motrin just in case she has some discomfort. We'll be going to a regular room on the floor today. Dr. Astrada from Infectious Disease wants her on antibiotics for a couple more days, so if all goes well we'll go home Thursday. We'll have to pay close attention to her for the next month. That is the critical time where infection could happen in the new shunt.
Thanks for your prayers for our baby's health and for our family. I would like for you to ad our health finance situation to you list as well. There was a drastic change recently that we are going to have to try to fight/appeal. This will probably be a strenuous and long process as well.
If anyone knows of any foundations that help to provide or assist with therapy visits let me know. Thanks!!
We are loved,
Emmett, Hope, Ivee, Ethan and Brittney

4 comments:

debchastain said...

Hooray!! Happy dance for a good surgery and less itching and a regular room. Praying that you'll be out on Thursday and that the next month will go by infection free!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Foley family - I'm glad she's resting comfortably and the awful itching is subsiding. She will feel much better with the shunt in place and as long as she's on her antibiotics, you should have no problems. But just to make sure you don't, I'll just keep Ivee in my everyday prayers and watch for your updates. Keep your strength up as well. Love from Johnny Sileno's proud "Mima" Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hope,
Thank the Lord she came through the surgery fine. I pray you will get to go home Thursday and she will not have an infection. I will also pray for the finance situation. You are all loved very much. We hold you in our hearts. Anna

Anonymous said...

So glad to that everything went well with surgery! You are always in our prayers...

I'll ask around re: resources for help and therapy...

Hugs and love to Ivee!
Lindsay (Matilda's mom!)