About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Update from Hospital day 4

Okay. So the verdict is surgery! Dr. Martino is pretty 'full' tomorrow, so more than likely it will be Wednesday. Then we will be living in the PICU for at least 10 days. They will be externalizing the line to relieve any pressure on the brain. Watching to see if her brain/ventricles recoop and work on their own without putting in a new shunt. If so, we clamp it off for 48 hours, then remove it if all is well. If not, surgery again to put in another shunt on the opposite side of her body, trying to avoid the port on her right side. So, that is it. My sanity will be going in and out, back and forth, and up and down. On the bright side, Ivee adapts pretty well to hospital life. You just can't sleep in the ICU in the lay down chairs. I just need to get one that isn't broken.


Thanks for the prayers. I'll let you know when surgery will take place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope, I will be praying for Dr. Martino and the team on Ivee's surgery on Wednesday. God's timing is perfect as you well know. I still remember Ivee in PCIU at USA Hospital, she does adapt well to hospitals. When we walked past the fish tank the other night when we were visiting another little patient, Carl and I remembered how she likes Nemo. We will be praying for you and strength, don't worry about sanity Hope. Hug Ivee tight and let her know we are praying for her. I am praying for Em, Brittney, Ethan too right now.

Clinging into Christ on behalf of Ivee at this time,
Beth Pinyerd