About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Today

Today was Jenn's service, and it was a beautiful one. We couldn't make it to the graveside service for two reasons: One, I forgot Ivee's feeding tube, and we were already an hour late feeding her, and two, Emmett hasn't been feeling well. He just needed to come home and get some rest. We guessed leaving Ivee's feeding stuff at home by mistake, (which I have never done in 10 months of feedings) was a sign just to go home. Emmett and I have really been pushing Ivee's vocabulary. Trying to get her to say different stuff. She most of the time looks at us like we're crazy. Well, of all days to start verbalizing, and loudly, it was during Jenn's service. She wouldn't be quiet. Em and I decided it was okay though. That's how Jenn would've want it...having Ivee just jabbering away. Kevin, Meredith and Jacob are doing just wonderful.
Just one week until we leave for St. Jude. Then I guess we'll know what is going on inside that baby's head. We pray for a clean MRI! I guess if it is clear, we can officially say that Ivee is in remission. We still covet your prayers. We'll discuss future swallow test in the next few months. Her voice is seeming so much stronger. We'll also have a ENT visit, and I suppose the doctor will scope her to see how her vocal chord is doing. Her eye has been off lately, but today it looked pretty good.
Homeschooling has been interesting this first month. I think the kids have realized that mommy is a harder teacher than anyone else. We begin books 2 next week. Praying for a easier month now that we know kinda what we are doing.
Watching the AU game against Florida. Crossing my fingers as we speak.
Okay, getting good...gotta go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, It WAS a beautiful service for Jennifer. What a tribute! You did a great job on the video, too, by the way. I know that was an honor to be able to create.
I didn't realize you had to go back to St. Jude, but I will keep you guys in my prayers for a wonderful report on Ivee. It's SO good to see her back in the nursery!
Oh, and War Eagle, I guess. =)
Daisy

baughman-family said...

WAR EAGLE!!!!!