About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

No Confussion...

Okay, cause of an email I recieved, I think I have confussed some people. The MRI back in April revealed no Visible signs of cancer. Now, this is to say that the rest of her tumor has gone, but there may still be cancer cells. Ivee's cancer is of the cells of her ventricles. So, anywhere that her ventricles pass through her head, her cancer can grow and appear. The doctor's (oncologist) have shown us the data. If we were to stop treatment after this last dose of chemo, Ivee (according to statistics) has a 16% of survival. With radiation treatment, it will increase that percentage to 87%. So, we are still going to chemotherapy treatments. We'll have anther MRI at the end of June. We have an appointment with the radiologist of oncology at USA campus next Tuesday to discuss her plan. It will probably be radiation for 6 weeks, 5 days a week.
So, I hope this clears things up. Ivee is not out of the woods. Her cancer is aggressive, and in many has come back later.
Now, with all that said. I still know who is in control and who the ultimate healer is. If God tells me straight out in some way not to do radiation, then Emmett and I will listen, but we will not be foolish. I know you all know what we mean. Well, I have rambled enough. If anyone has any questions, please ask. I would be happy to answer any.
Thanks for the prayers and we love you all. Hope and Emmett

3 comments:

Luvlie said...

I haven't left many comments lately, but I am checking in on ya'll and keeping you all in my prayers. Keeping the faith!!!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Well done. :) Cathy P.

Anonymous said...

Perfectly explained, and we have faith in our Heavenly Father, and we also trust that God gave Ivee you and Emmett as her parents for a reason and we know that you are going to do what God tells you to do and that will be the very best for Ivee. We continue to pray that she is completely healed and that cancer won't come back to her in any way, shape or form. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Daisy