About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Offical Report


Here are Ivee and Ethan last month. He wanted to hold her. So sweet. PS. i AM AN AUNT AGAIN. MY SISTER JUST HAD HER BABY GIRL (#2), 7LBS 4 OZ. DON'T KNOW ALL THE DETAILS RIGHT NOW. WHEN I KNOW, YOU'LL KNOW. Okay, we are in the hospital today for the 2nd part of our 6 months of chemotherapy. The oncologist brought us the radiologist report. Officially the radiologist and the oncologist see no visible signs of cancer, and the spinal tap came back negative of cancer cells. So, I guess in layman's terms, Ivee is cancer free as far as anyone can tell. She still has a seroma (cyst) like place where the surgery was, but this is the fluid build up, which has gone down considerably. So anyway, it is unbelievably great news.
Emmett told the oncologist, or reminded her, that almost 4 months ago, they told us that chemotherapy would not impact the tumor at all cause it is an aggressive and quick growing cancer, and chemo never showed any signs of having an affect on this cancer. The only treatment that ever made any progress was total resection (surgery) of the tumor and radiation. She was too young for radiation. The chemo was to just get her past her 1st birthday so that they could try radiation. They didn't even like to do radiation in children under 3 years old. Only 24 cases (people) a year are found to have this kind of cancer. I remember that doctor coming in 1 week after Ivee's brain surgery to tell us the pathology of the tumor. The statistics only gave Ivee a 30% survival rate. Well, she has beat the odds and all other logical reason. I mean...look at it. All that they said would or wouldn't happen has totally proven that science is not exact. They said she had a 30% chance, that she would be extremely sick from the chemo, that she would throw up, that she would have to have radiation...and none of that has happened. The oncologist said that it is definitely a miracle, and that we were right to never lose hope.
We know what has happened. The same person who pushed her from that grocery cart back in December, is the same person who took what was left of her tumor and made it...disappear. He has had his hand in all of this from the beginning of her life to right now. She is an amazing creation of God, and he has something special in mind for my little Ivee.
Now, she will have to finish out her chemotherapy roadmap, so we will continue until June with the chemo, and then we'll have another MRI to make sure she is still good to go. I'm sure for the next few years, she'll have to have checkups to make sure all is well.
Her road is still a long one. She still can't eat by mouth, so we'll have to continue with occupational therapy to get that ability back. She still is at the stage of a 5/6 month old, so we've got to get her to the age level she is suppose to be at, that means continually physical therapy.
Life will still not be back to normal for a very long time, but I still have my Ivee here in my life, and that is more important than her capabilities right now.
THANK YOU for your prayers and commitments to us. Remember to pray for her health, cause she is still very susceptible to illness since she is still on chemo. Pneumonia and other illnesses are still a big threat to her. We are in the process of starting the stairs to the attic very soon, so that Ivee can have her own room. Pray that the finances will be there as we need them (that will take some planning and being wise on our part). Pray for those who are helping us with that project (that they will be safe and no one will cut a finger off or something). Don't forget to comment. I enjoy them so much. Love to all of you...and PRAISE GOD!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is GREAT NEWS!! You are absolutely right about God having plans for IVEE. She has touched so many lives and will continue to. We will continue to keep praying for your family and that your family will stay well. That is also great news that you will be able to start the stairs soon to Brittney's new room so that Ivee will have her own room. We will look forward to hearing more great reports about IVEE.

Love, Betsy

Anonymous said...

This is so wonderful! I checked earlier and there wasn't any new news, and Sonya just called me and told me how excited she was and I didn't know what she was talking about! So I had to run up and read (and comment) really quickly before I burn dinner! And this post isn't making any sense, but I just wanted to let you know how happy I am for Ivee and the rest of the family and what an amazing miracle God has provided! God bless all of you and we send our love.

Anonymous said...

Hope, I sit here and just sob reading what you've just written. I am overwhelmed with God's goodness, and I'm so excited for that report. I wish you didn't have to go through anymore chemo, but I know the report you got today will help you get through those with a little different outlook. Knowing it was one of the tools God CHOSE to use in her complete healing is great comfort. I love when God does something so completely awesome like heal a precious child. She is one of His little ones and He DOES have special plans for her. Thank you for taking such good care of one of His little sheep. I can't wait to see what else God has in store. Hang in there, and we will continue to pray.
love, Daisy

Anonymous said...

Our GOD is an awesome GOD!! We'll continue to pray for Ivee's physical progress and the construction project at home. I am having a fit over Ivee's sailor outfit - what a doll! Hope, thank you for keeping us all updated on your family's journey. What an incredible testimony to the healing power of God. Love to all - Kim F.

LouLou said...

Hope,
I am Daisy's neighbor. When she just told me the news about Ivee we all just cried tears of joy! What a wonderful miracle straight from God. God just never ceases to amaze me with all His goodness. Anyone who ever doubts the power of God need look no further than your little Ivee.

God bless you all! I am so happy for you!

Lou
http://waitingforannepearce.blogspot.com

Luvlie said...

Praise the Lord! Such a wonderful thing... and what great timing! Easter.... What better time for joyous news! I will keep you all in my prayers. Love the pictures of all of the children at Easter. A beautiful family... take care!

Lori

debchastain said...

I'm singing the doxology right now with tears in my eyes! It brings to mind a song that says, "God is a good God, he's a great God, He can do anything but fail. He has moved so many mountains out of our way, Oh, God is a wonderful God."

Your family looks great (well, the younger three that are pictured). Can't wait to see you all next time we're in AL. Everyone looks so spiffy for Easter :0) Lots of love and prayers from this part of the country.

Anonymous said...

I am awake at 3:00 a.m., menopause is so much fun! I am so happy to hear the great news about Ivee, she is amazing as you say Hope. I know that God has a wonderful plan for her life ,and we are fortunate to share in watching it unfold, God is so good!I loved the pictures of your kidos, they are so sweet.Ed and I will continue to pray for God to meet the needs of Ivee, and the whole Foley household. Karen G