About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hope and Glory

I am playing video games with my daddy... it is fun. Emmett and are still rejoicing today in Ivee's results, but we don't want to give any of you a false idea of what is happening. We can't officially say that Ivee is cancer free. Em and I believe that God will completely heal her, but she is not out of "the woods" yet. Like I said below, we will have to continue treatment for now. We can't forget that this is an aggressive cancer. We have to keep in mind that something may appear on the 6 month MRI. The oncologist said that usually the first MRI after treatment begins can be better than the ones further down the road. BUT(But...I'm always reminded of that word in context to scripture, and in this case look forward to it) I BELIEVE that my God is greater than what the doctors say. I know they have seen many cases of cancer, and many different scenarios, BUT I don't trust in science and in man. I trust in the Great Healer and Physician. I remember when they said that Ivee's odds were low (statistically) that was the first day I had actually felt discouraged in this trial. So, I will not let any one's words discourage me. I also remember all of you, and know that your constant prayers go up everyday, and I know God hears them. So, just know that I will never lose hope, and the same God who told my spirit that she would be fine from the fall and that he needed to reveal something that was endangering her life, is the same God who tells my spirit now that he is still in control. I just pray that our faith is proved genuine and that those doctors and nurses around us will see what a Great God we serve, and it will be a testimony of our faith and his glory. Love all of you, and thank you for rejoicing with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are rejoicing, and we will rejoice every day that God gives any of us. We forget how very precious every life is sometimes, especially when we're not facing something like cancer, but James Chapter 4 reminds us near the end of that chapter that we can't say that we will do anything tomorrow or the next day unless God Himself desires it to be that way. We are foolish to think that anyone but HIM is in control.
Your post was full of wonderful scripture, and I am always encouraged.
I hope this week of chemo isn't too bad. Thanks for keeping us all posted.
Daisy

Anonymous said...

Hope - I just got to read the blogs from the last 2 days. I am off week this week for vacation and my husband brings our laptop with him everyday....anyway!!! I started crying through the official report because I am just so awed by what God has done for Ivee. When you said I am just so happy to have her in my life still - I have prayed that you will get to see her turn 5, 10, 15 and so on and I just think God answered that prayer. There is this old hymn (I know that are not "popular" anymore but!) it goes My God can do anything, anything, anything, my God can do anything!! How true those words are - My God can do anything. I think through this, I as well as so many others are re-realizing that our God is Big and His is awesome and He can...simply He Can!! I have this devotional - Oswald Chambers - and one of the devotions for the day (bare with me because this is from memory) talks about how we have to keep our eyes on God not on circumstances because when we take our eyes off of God we begin to "drown". It referred to the story about Peter walking on water but when he saw the wind and because to focus his attention on the wind he began to sink. When he cried out to the Lord, Jesus stretched out his hand to him and caught him. He said to Peter "O ye of little faith - why do you doubt?" The doubt is looking at the problem instead of the person able to handle the problem. I know that I am so guilty of this, especially when it comes to my children. I get so upset when the are sick and hurting. The what if's can scare you to death. But God Can. He can handle our every fear, our every struggle. This miracle is such a testimony to His goodness and his ability. When we are baptized in water they say "by your profession of faith in Jesus Christ, I now baptize you". I just think that when you speak of Ivee being healed (even if that is not totally official according to the doctors) it is your "profession of faith" that God has healed her. The same faith that gave you and I a new life in Christ is the same faith that gives hope and healing. I am just so excited for your family. It is a GOOD REPORT!! Those pics of Ivee are so cute...she must think she is a big girl just sitting up watching her daddy play video games. I know I have said it before but she looks JUST like your husband!! She is so precious. There is this other song running through my head right now "There is a light at the end of this tunnel - a light at the end of this tunnel for you!" I have got to get to sleep. My little one got tubes in her ears this morning at 6:30am and she was up most of last night cause the little chunk could not have any bottles after midnight and at 9 months she is still drinking bottles in the middle of the night. Needless to say she was not happy with me all night. She kept looking at me like you know what I want - what is the problem! Have a great night - well morning now. All God's Best, Paula Casallo