About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Sorry this is late

Sorry I am late blogging, but it has been a long week. Ivee was discharged Wednesday for the night. We came outpatient yesterday and today for chemotherapy. The treatments are pretty hard this time. She (and her parents) don't sleep well at night. She is really nauseated most of the time. She is constantly gagging. Her potassium and magnesium are low, so she is taking those extra this time. Emmett and I pray that the nausea will end soon. It is a good thing that these were not our first chemo drugs, or I would have been depressed even more of the get-go. The first two months, she did really well. So now I know what to expect the next three months of treatment...if they are needed. She will have another MRI in three weeks. We will then know if there has been any change with her tumor. Physical therapy begins again next week. She didn't do too well the last two times she had it. It is a big struggle for her. Pray that she will feel well enough to try to start back to therapy and do well next week. She is still improving, but it would be great to see her hold her head up while lying on her stomach again. And we would be thrilled if she could sit up and maybe even crawl by her birthday, which is less than two months away.
Well, I know I have rambled, and that some of what I said may not make sense. It's cause I'm dealing with a huge case of sleep deprivation. Thanks for the comments and prayers. We enjoy them all. And as we all know...well those of you who read the comments also, that Paula always has something worth reading. Even if it is corny. Love it Paula.
PS. Ivee did break free of baby jail. She'll give you all the details later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope, I do understand the sleep deprivation, and I'm praying that you can all get some peaceful, restful sleep very soon. I'm also praying that all the difficulties you're going through with the chemo are just signs that it is doing its job. I will specifically be praying for that MRI in 3 weeks. We want to see wonderful things!!!! Thanks for keeping us all posted. You are on our minds daily.
Daisy

Anonymous said...

Hope,
I've been following your blog since the beginning, and always asking Diane for updates. I just wanted to let you know that you have a lot of people in Georgia praying for Ivee, and your entire family.
Sonya Dudziak

Anonymous said...

Hope - She is in my thoughts and prayers. 3 weeks until a good report!! Paula Casallo

Anonymous said...

Hope, This is Gwen Vaughan's mother-in-laws friend. I'm checking on ya'lls up dates and still praying for Ivee and her parents. I'm so glad you post up dates and I can check on her. I love the pictures; she is so pretty. God Bless ya'll. I have her on prayer list at Dauphin Way Baptist church.
Hug Ivee for me.
Mary Ellen Parker

Anonymous said...

Hope, Emmett, we continue to pray for your strength during this time. We continue to pray for Ivee during the therapy and treatments. I enjoy being with Brittney and Ethan too, they are precious children who love their mom, dad and Ivee.

In Christ,
The Pinyerds

Anonymous said...

Hope,
I do hope you all get
your sleep, and rest back to normal.
I am so sorry the chemo was hard on lil' Ivee. As someone else said, maybe it's a sign that it is really working! I have noticed that Ivee has her lil' blanket (that I made for her) with her in the pictures. I'm glad she can use it. May God bless you all & give you rest.
Still Praying,
Barbara Jackson

Esther's Blogs said...

Hello Hope, I am Daisy's mom. She keeps us updated on Ivee. You are in our prayers and on our church prayer list, too. I have given several updates on Ivee's condition and people at our church feel that they know you all personally. God is so good and He is hearing all of our prayers and He is answering them, too. Keep the faith. God will give you strength.
Love to you and your family,
Esther Edge