About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Day 2

Day 2 and all is well. Ivee is not feeling too bad! The steroid they give her during this treatment time makes her a little hyper. She kicks her feet and arms alot, and turns her head back and forth. Like a nutty kid. It is funny to watch. I wish they could send some home with her, so that when she is in a bad mood I can give it to her. It puts her in a pretty good mood.
I am pretty excited. My friend Deborah (she's been my friend since kindergarten) will be having her first baby any day now. A baby girl. They have been trying for a few years, so I am thrilled that they finally are going to get to experience what I've had the blessing of for the last 10 years.
Also, for the prayer warriors out there. Lift up a prayer for my friend Diane's daughter Katie. They found a mass in her lungs. The doctors believe it is a benign tumor and it is in the lining of her lung. The last step for them to take is for Katie to have a skin test to see if she has ever been exposed to tuberculosis. If that test is positive, they will treat her for that; if it is negative, then they are finished. There is no need to remove it. So let's pray that it is just that...
Oh and Diane, Happy belated birthday. Sorry, it just hit me that I missed it.
Thanks for everyone's prayers. Hopefully she will continue to progress as well as she already is.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope Ivee and family,

It's great to hear that sh'e doing well. I'm continuing ot keep you guys in my prayers. I'm so happy to hear about Deborah and having her first child. I will keep your friend Diane in my prayers. For everyone who reads this, I also have a prayer request. A friend of mine, Nancy, was diagosed with lung cancer about 9 months ago. She's been going through chemo. Recently they found five new areas in her lungs, therefore, it seems that the chemo is not working. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Hope, thank you for the funny and wonderful e-card today...I love those guys..

Love you,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope, I am so happy that Ivee is feeling O.K., and being nutty, sounds like me on most days,ha!Thanks for the funny ecards, laughter really is good medicine. I miss ya'll. Praying and thinking of you daily. Karen

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! I think I am blog challenged...I have tried to post this 3 x's. If you make it out of the hospital with the steroids, maybe you could slip a few my way. Whether I administer them to the kids or myself is yet to be determined. :D CP

Will be praying for Deborah and Diane.

Anonymous said...

OK today really is SARCASTIC WEDNESDAY! I laughed so hard. THanks so much!
We hate that you all have to be there on V-DAy! but I know you are so pleased at Ivee's progress.
THIs morning I awoke to the sound of a plate crashing on the floor. I jumped out of bed only to fine my daring children were making there best effort at breakfast in bed. YOu should have seen it.

Ten gallons of grape nuts and two old biscuits with a glass of water. GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!

I will nnever forget their faces as they said sorry we broke your plate! Kids are great !

We are praying for you today!

LOve jen

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope
Happy Valentines Day. We are so happy to hear Ivees doing so well .I took Meghen to get a tooth pulled not to long ago and the laughing gas worked wonders on her mood so I asked if I could have a can to go, so I know where your coming from with the streiods to go. Let us know if you need anything. I'd love to cook you a meal when you get home please let me know whats best for ya;ll. We pray for healing everyday .Love you guys. Steve, Debbie and kids

Anonymous said...

Hope, Emmett, Happy Valentine's Day! The children at Faith Family Fellowship continue to lift Ivee up in prayer!

Love in Christ!
Beth Pinyerd

Anonymous said...

Hope - I laughed when I read the blog because a couple of months ago Mac got RSV and they give her Albuterol. She was so very hyper and alot of fun. At daycare I would tell them I gave her the happy medicine so she should be good. Mackenzie can be really serious sometimes so I thought about getting a refill on this stuff... No seriously, I am so glad to hear Ivee is doing so well. I spent my Valentines Night at the ER - Mackenzie's elbow got pulled out of socket at daycare and we had to get that fixed. It is funny how you spend Valentines Day when you have the little ones. I can remember a few years ago before kids - well we won't go there.HaHa! Now my Valentine's night is coming home from the ER and cleaning the supper dishes and picking up toys and the mess in the bathroom. I wouldn't change it for the world. It is what I prayed for and waited for and now I have my answer (x2) to my prayers. I hope you all had a wonderful V-Day!! Next post - let us know about your friend. I read this scripture during Tuesday Bible Study and I thought about you "Remember the word to Your servant, upon which You have caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life." Psalm 119:49-50 How His word gives us hope and comfort in times of need. Many blessings to your family!! Paula Casallo