About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Today is NOT the day

We caught her smiling today...and finally got proof...

Well, Ivee was being prepared to start chemo today. They came in and put a foley cath in cause you have to collect urine before and during chemo for many reasons. They have been running her on clear fluids through the central line. Well, around 1:00 pm we noticed her neckline (front) incision becoming puffy and leaking clear fluids. The ped doc came into the view it and the nurse told me she had another "dirty" cause she had just stuck her hand in the "run" out. After she left, I went over to change her and noticed that the pads around her central line were wet and blood tinged and so was the spot on the bed. It wasn't poop but a leak from her central line. We stopped her fluids and changed the dressing out, and the nurse called the surgeon. He came and pushed some fluid through and once again the line leaked and the incision became puffy again. Obviously there is a problem with the central line AGAIN. They are going to have to come take an xray to see if we can see a problem. So, likely there will be no chemo doses starting today. She still has the cath in right now, but it isn't collecting urine the way it should be.
We are trying to not become discouraged cause God's timing is perfect.
On a good note, her cordination with her hands and eyes is getting alot better. She loves her favorite rattle, it's a bear. It makes her smile, when she is in the mood. It doesn't happen often, so we are thrilled when it does. If anything else happens, and when we know if chemo will start, I'll keep you informed. God bless, and keep on praying.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope - What a precious picture - it makes me smile looking at it. My family is down with the stomach bug - Mac hasn't got it yet thank goodness. So tonight I don't have much to say - rare I know. I just wanted to check on your precious Ivee. I don't know you but I am walking this faith journey with you. I can't explain and honestly there are times I wish I didn't know about it. Only because it trully hurts my heart for Ivee, for you, your husband and your kids. I don't have answers and believe me there are times I just want to know from God "whats up" but I hope this scripture helps. I am holding on to the fact that I can trust God - he is good all the time even in suffering. I just have to beleive that. Psalm 27:13-14 "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I WOULD SEE the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord". Believing for good reports soon - Blessings and Good Night. Paula Casallo

Luvlie said...

So great to see her smiling! Several of the people at church asked about her today and are keeping all of you in their prayers. I enjoyed spending a little time with you this past week when I was visiting down there. God bless!

Lori

Anonymous said...

What a precious picture of Ivee! A smile...a gift from the Lord..
Love from Anna C.

Anonymous said...

Emma (age 3) just saw Ivee's picture and said, "What a pretty baby!" I agree. It's so nice to see that smiling face. I check your blog daily (so do the girls). We're still praying for you guys and will continue until Ivee is completely healed! Love you all.
Tammy Mattox

Mary Ellen said...

Hi!I'm Mary Ellen Parker--a friend of Gwen Vaughan's mother-in-law (Theresa). I saw Gwen in Tueaday Morning (store),today. I had not seen her, in a long while. She told me about Ivee and how to get on the internet and get up dates on her. I just wanted to let ya'll know, I will put her on the prayer list at Dauphin Way Baptist Church (where we go to church) and Charles & I will be praying for her & your Family. I know this is a hard time. I typed another message--before this and I don't know if it did. I'm not real good with the computer. SRY
God be with ya'll.
Hugs, Mary Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hey, I Was One Of Mr. Foley's Students Last Year. And I Heard About This. And I Just Wanted To Let You Know That Your Family And Ecspecially Ivee Are In My Prayers. And To Tell Mr. Foley We All Miss Him At ECMS. I Hope That Everything Goes Good And The Treatment Helps. Everyone At ECMS Is So Devestated And Really Worried About Ivee. But The Smile On Her Face Tells Us That God Is Watching Over Her And Your Family. You All Are In My Prayers. And I REALLY Hope Everything Works Out.
Love,
Niki Everette