About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Pretty Good Start

This week has started off okay for a Monday. I'll give a post in just a minute on Ivee, but first I wanted to say a big THANK YOU.
Thank you for...
...the prayers that many of you lift up daily and for spreading the word of Ivee's need for prayer.
...giving to our family in time of crisis. Many of you have blessed us financially. This means so much. We have been able to take the necessary time of from work to be with Ivee in her time of need. Because of you, we don't have to worry about getting the bills paid...at least for this time. You know medical bills : )
...giving of your time. Many of you have had the opportunity to sit with Ivee for us for a few hours here and there, so that we can be with our other kids, or go grab a bite to eat. It may seem small to you, but after being in the hospital for over three weeks, it is good to get away.
...for going above and beyond. Someone, who cares to go unnamed, cleaned our house for us. I'm sorry to say that after bringing home dirty clothes and Christmas presents, the house is starting to look sorry again. But the dishes are clean, and the clothes in the kids drawers are STILL FOLDED! I just need to get the house dusted and floors cleaned when I have a chance before Ivee, Lord willing, comes home in a week or so. Whoever you are THANK YOU. You have left me with a light load, and that means alot
...for the offers. Many of you have said if we need anything to just give you a call. You know I can't remember who all of you are. But the offer means alot.
SO THANKS to you all.
Okay, now back to Ivee. She had a good night last night. She did go into surgery today, but they only thing the Docs had to do was move the line back about a quarter of an inch, and that did the trick. So no more cutting, just stitching. She has rested well afterwards, but her face seems a bit swollen to us. They will try to start her on foods as soon as they hear from the dietician, and get her slowly off of the TPNs and Lipids. She is now only on Zantac for reflux and pain meds when needed.
The oncologist, Emran, came to see us today. He said her Liver enzymes are up, but they believe that is from one of the meds she was on. So they took her off the med. and will check to see if that was the cause of that problem. When her liver is cleared, the next day we will start chemotherapy. The plan was given to us today. She will be on chemo for 6 months. In 3 months she'll get an MRI to see what the progress is. By 6 months, she'll be over 1 year old, and if the tumor is still present she will begin radiation. Did I mention that the bone marrow, bone sample and spinal tap for CSF all came back clear (negative). We knew it would, cause God revealed the tumor just in the time that needed to be, and we are believing that he did this for a reason. Cause if it had been any later there would be "no hope", as the doctors say. I am believing in complete healing from the true physician. I know that even though the doctors believe chemo will have no affect on this type of tumor, my God is able to do abundantly more than man can even imagine. He wants to work a miracle in Ivee, and in many ways, already has.
So be in prayer that the central line will continue to work, and that God has all the glory in the victory in Ivee's life. Also, pray that she will have the least amount of side affects from the chemotherapy. There is so much more that I could tell you from the doctors stand point, but none of that matters when God is in control. Continue to spread the word so that God can be glorified. Your sister...Hope

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope - I just got off the phone with my aunt karen to see if she had heard anything today. I know we are not supposed to be anxious about anything but I confess I have been anxious to hear about Ivee today - i kept checking and checking. I am so glad to hear she is resting so well and that the surgery was not so bad. I believe again that was an answer to prayer. I want to relay a miracle that happened in our church just so you know that no matter what a doctor says - he/she is just a man with limits. God has the final say and from your blogs I know you believe that too. A friend of mine was in her 35th week of pregnancy and all the sudden got real sick. Come to find out she had gotten meningitis - the bad kind that you typically die from or at least come out with a huge life altering side effect. They couldn't know if it had effected the baby or not - it was just a waiting game to see if the mother was even going to make it. The ended up doing an emergency C section because the baby was in distress. It ended up that the baby had the cord wrapped around it's neck and would not have lived had the mother not contracted meningitis and had to be monitored so closely -both her and the baby. They were able to see the baby was in distress on the monitor and able to do the necessary C section. Had she been well at home she would have lost the baby. Both her and her son are fine - no side effects - nothing to say either of them were ever sick. I said all that to say God knows what is happening and has a master plan. He is not on vacation or taking a break. He has his finger on this situation. I believe that. I think of you and your children - not just Ivee - all day sometimes. I just am burdened to believe God with you about your baby. How beautiful and precious she truly is - her pictures just touch my heart. What a testimony she is and will be to God's faithfulness. A scripture come to mind when I read that the doctors have much more to say but God is in control - Phil 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are pure, whatever THINGS ARE OF GOOD REPORT, if there is any virture and if there is any PRAISEWORTHY - meditate on these things. These things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the GOD OF PEACE be with you." Think on God's words, his promises - they are of good report! You are a testimony to so many as well. God is using you and your husband to bless others. People watching and reading your blogs are seeing real, inspiring faith. I hope you and Ivee rest well tonight. I hope you give you smiles - big ones - very soon!
Many Blessings - Paula Casallo