About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Okay...Okay

I've gotten a lot of flack for not blogging already today. Sorry... for those of my soap opera fans who needed their daily fix : )
Ivee looks great today...color, eyes, actions. The swelling has gone down well, still a little in her neck. According to the CT scan yesterday, her ventricles look great and alot of the other swelling has gone down. She had another hearing test, and once again her left ear failed. So there probably is some hearing loss there. Still not sure why, or if it is permanent. She is now receiving food in her G tube. She is taking well to it, and now up to 5 oz a feeding. We are slowly wenning her of the TPNs and Lipids. We have put her back on rubinol to help dry up secretions, cause we were having to suction more and more. She'll have another swallowing test tomorrow or Friday to see if there is any progress. She'll also receive one more hearing test before Chemotherapy starts. Her weight is back up to what it was when we first came to the hospital. The physical therapist came by to "play" with her for a little while and was very pleased with her progress since last time she was here.
Also, the oncologist and nurse came by with the chemotherapy plan. The short version is... she'll receive chemo for 3 months. After 3 months she'll have an MRI to see if there is any progress. Then she'll resume the same treatment for 3 more months. MRI again, and depending of the doctors opinion, we may continue on chemo or start radiation. I know, usually radiation is not done on a child under 3, but it does happen in rare cases, and Ivee's cancer is rare and agressive. Emmett and I are praying for perfect healing after her 6 months of chemo. We know God can do it. He is able. So, if her liver enzymes and blood are at the right levels, she continues to receive food fine, and Dr. Martino clears her of needing a shunt, Ivee could possible start chemo this Friday. We'll keep you posted.
LOVE YOU ALL>

6 comments:

baughman-family said...

I can't wait to see yall this weekend. I'll call you to find out where everyone will be. I'm not sure where we are staying Friday night. I think that Lydia will have a full house this weekend so we will visit over there but will spend the night somewhere else.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Tony gave me your blog address. Guess he got tired of me bugging him about Ivee.LOL! I'm so happy to see she's doing well. We pray for you guys several times a day. The girls made out prayer lists the other day and have Ivee at the top. God is working in her little life for His glory. She is for sure a chosen one of His! Please let me know if we can do AN
YTHING for you. We love you guys!

Deanna said...

THANK you for my daily fix! haha I seriously do check your blog several times a day to see if you've updated anything...I think I'm addicted! LOL It really is good to hear how much better she is doing..thats the kind of news I like to get! =) Me & George want to come sit with Ivee one night so you & Emmett can go out to dinner...he's off Saturday & Tuesday, let us know if either of those nights will work for you guys. I continue to pray for Ivee & the rest of you everday...if you need anything, don't hesitate to call!! Love all of you very much!!

Anonymous said...

"May the God of HOPE fill you with all JOY and PEACE as you trust in HIM, so that you may overflow with HOPE by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT. Rom. 15:13
This is our prayer for you and your family as we intercede before the throne of grace, believing our GOD, Jehovah ROPHA, our healer, to bring complete healing to IVEE! She was created in His image and she is the apple of His eye! The prayers of the saints are ascending before the throne. We are so grateful for the latest update of her progress. We continue to fervently pray for her daily! Please know we are nearby and willing to help in any way! Blessings and Hugs to all of you!
Tony, Ana and Addison WAller

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope
Thank-you for my daily fix. Love you guys. Debbie Burch

Anonymous said...

Hope,
I check your blog often and keep Bob updated. It helps to know exactly how to pray for Ivee, for all of you. We know the Lord can bring wonderful things from this for His glory. We pray continually for Ivee; for you, Emmett, Brittney, & Ethan. There are so many people who do not personally know Ivee that are calling her name in prayer.
Love from Anna & Bob