About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Not quite yet

Well, Ivee had a so-so night. She had many blowouts, which is good, cause she hadn't had a BM in days. Now, she's had many. And every time, we've had to change the sheets. She contracted a low grade fever last night, and today it got up to 101.6. Her chest x-ray came back fine, even better than the last one. So they needed to check her for meningitis, so they did another spinal tap. She did fine during it. They also took a urine and mucus sample, and took some blood for blood work. Her liver enzymes are still going down. One kind is back to normal completely, but the other still has a bit of a way to go. So...with the enzymes still up and her having a fever, we can't start chemo at least for 48 hours...so probably Monday. Well hopefully know the results of the spinal tap sometime soon. Tomorrow, Ivee has a swallowing test at 10:00 a.m. to see if she is swallowing any.
Dr. Martino came by today, and she is still looking good. He is still hopeful that we won't need a shunt. If we begin chemo and the fluid gain comes back worse, then we would have to wait 3 weeks before he could perform that surgery, cause after her 1st dose of chemo, her white blood cells would be down and there would be a great risk of infection. We are trusting in God that since all is well, she won't need a shunt.
She is still responding well to feeds, and hopefully will continue too. She is still on TPNS and Lipids as well, but we have cut back on them a bit since she is digesting well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Hope - I haven't forgotten about you and Ivee. I just have had a little something going on with my son - Nate and had to take him to the dr. today. I talked with Aunt Karen - she keeps me posted - and she said Ivee is looking so much better. I was so happy to hear that. I hate to hear she has a fever. She likes to keep us up on our prayer toes! I am believing and praying that she will not have meningitis. She definetly doesn't need that. I am also agreeing with your family that chemo will do the trick and no radiation will be needed. At the dr's office today, we saw a picture of Nemo on the wall. I immediately thought of Ivee. I will never watch Nemo again without thinking of her. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your lives. I - like so many others - check your blog everyday many times a day to see how Ivee is doing. Sometimes I just wish I could reach and give her a hug and make everything Ok - I just have to squeeze my kids extra tight when I think of her. Honestly - I was just setting here thinking God - why a fever and why when she was feeling so much better. There is a reason she hasn't started chemo yet and these setbacks are God working out his timing. He is making sure everything is perfectly in order before she gets the treatment. He is the great physician who sees what we can't see and know all things. "And those who know Your Name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord have not forsaken those who seek you." Psalm 9:10 I hope you both get a good nights sleep. Blessings, Paula Casallo