About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Beginning week 2

(This is a picture of me my 2nd day in the hospital, before my first surgery. The bruise on my forehead is the only thing I received from the fall)












(This is post first surgery)











(This is Saturday after my second surgery)

Ivee had a ruff night last night. We believe she is in pain, but we just can't know since she can't tell us. The doctor prescribed morphine and it would allow her to rest for about 2 to 3 hours, but then she would begin crying again. The doctor came back in and Emmett was holding her, which after 20 minutes she would calm down. Em just told the doc...I could guess all night what is wrong with her, but neither I or you can know. All I know is she calms down when I hold her, and back before this, when she had headaches and we didn't know it, holding her would give her enough comfort to help her sleep. The doctor agreed and said... well we know you can't hold her all night, so she prescribed morphine and needed. That helped from 4 am to 8 am. The doctor then came in at 8:30 am and told us that Ivee's red blood cell count is low. It should be between 12 and 15 and hers is at 6.9. She was going to require a blood transfussion. Dr. Martino, the neurosurgeon, came into check on her, and we asked what he thought caused her lack of blood cells. He does believe it is the two surgeries she has endured over the last 14 days.
So, as of right now, Ivee is getting a blood transfusion, and reacting to it well. As with all blood transfusions, there is risk of rejection and infection. Problems are usually noticed in the first 15 minutes, and it has been an hour. She is resting and doing well.
Tomorrow she'll have a PH test to check the acidity in her digestive system. This will ade in the decision on her GI (digestive) line to get her food. That surgery will probably be done with all the others will be done sometime this week.
This is what is happening today. I keep a journal of what is going on with Ivee everytime something happens. If anyone want to leave a comment or ask a question just click below to leave a comment. Thanks for your prayers, and keep on praying.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope, I'm a friend of Kim's and just heard about this.I am so sorry. If I can do anything to help your family please let me know. I will keep Ivee and your family in my prayers. My email is gailmdavid@bellsouth.net. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. My prayers are with you, Gail David

Anonymous said...

Foley Family,

"He shall gather the lambs in His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young." (Isaiah 40:11) Human words and experience all fall short in these times. Ashley and I both shed tears when we read your blog. I wish like anything we could be there to comfort and help you. We will check your blog regularly and get our churches to pray for Ivee by name. We love you and miss you all. May God grant you peace and healing in the coming days and months.

Love the Mason Family (Mitch, Ashley, Amethyst, Susanna, Rebekah)

Anonymous said...

Emmett and Hope,
We wanted you to know that we will also be praying for you and Ivee. We are related to Mitch and Ashley, and Emmett and Jennifer taught together for a few years at RHS. If there is any way we can help beyond prayers, please let us know.
In Christ,
Chris and Jennifer Janey

Anonymous said...

Emmett,Hope and Family,
We are Frank and Theresa, Frank works with Emmett, but they have never met in person. Our prayers will be for Ivee and a speedy recovery, we will ask our church to pray for her as well. May GOD bless you.
Best Regards, Frank & Theresa Hodder (Newfoundland, Canada)

Anonymous said...

Hope and Family,
I am Sheila Centers sister in Ohio. We heard about Ivee and have been praying for her and have put her on our church's prayer chain as well. Our hearts go out to you and pray for your strength and faith in Jesus to hold fast.
Love and Prayers,
Judy Gross
Wapakoneta Ohio- First United Methodist church

Anonymous said...

Hope,
This is Bill McLarty, Mitch let me know about what is happening with you guys. You are in my prayers daily.
I have also fowarded information to our Sunday School class at Christ UMC.
We have a group of tremendous prayer warriors among us. Please rest in the comfort of knowing the God is in control, no matter what happens.
Also know that we are lifting Ivee up
to Him in prayer. Please keep us posted.
In Christ
Bill & Evie McLarty
251-209-7754 cell

Anonymous said...

Dear Hope, Emmett and family,

My daughter, Kasie Person, passed your blog on to me and I will pass on to my prayer groups. I am praying for your precious Ivee and you all too during this difficult time.

It is amazing how much Britt looks like Kasie when she was Britt's age.

May God bless you all abundantly.

Janie Balderas

Anonymous said...

Hope
I am Michael and Travis Branch mother, Marilyn. Travis just emailed me and told me about your daughter. WHAT A WONDER SHE IS!
I will call my Church, First Baptist Church of Bratt, FL and have Ivee and all of you put on Gods prayer list. The Lord will stand by her and all of you!
I pray and ask God to heal Ivee in Jesus Christ's name I pray!
AMAN

Anonymous said...

Dear Emmett and Hope, This is Cathi Coon from Atmore...I subbed at ECMS and met Emmett there. (I hope you remember me!!)...Sandra Quimby just sent me your website....I am praying for Ivee and your family...It is a miracle that all of this happened the way it did. I am so glad I have your blog now so I can keep up with your journey. Take care and love to all. Cathi