About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

48 Hours later

We are now over 48 hours past chemotherapy. Ivee didn't get sick one time. Praise God! There seems to be no issues with her bladder or urine right now, which is good. She has smiled alot lately and daddy has even gotten to to laugh softly and briefly a few times. She is doing great. The swelling on her head is still there, so we are still unsure of that outcome. If she does end up needing a shunt this month, that surgery would have to take place 3 weeks from now. We just really need the swelling to go away. I know it can last a while, just need signs that it is shrinking, even if slowly. Tomorrow we have a meeting at 2 pm to discuss what we need to do at home, and what we need for home healthcare. We have learned how to clean (flush) her central line, how to suction her throat out, and how to give her a shot. Next we have to learn how to change all her dressings. We have to be really careful about infection of her wounds. She's still on antibiotics for her sinuses, ear, and urine infection.
We are taking precautions for bringing her home (which we hope will be Friday). We are having the a/c ductwork cleaned out. We had smokers that have lived there before. We just got a new a/c unit, so that is a good thing. Many people have been over to clean our house, dusted, mopped, vaccum, etc. Many thanks to them. And the doctor has cleared the fact that we have two inside dogs. They won't cause a problem. She just doesn't want them licking her on the face or anything. I assured her that they won't be near her.
Many, many thanks for those who are helping us and for those who pray for us daily. We feel so loved.

6 comments:

debchastain said...

Praise God that she didn't get sick from the chemo! I'm glad to hear that she is smiling more and that Friday will hopefully be going home day. We'll be praying for the swelling to go down. Lots of love!

Lancaster Family said...

Hi, Hope! I am so glad to hear that Ivee hasn't gotten sick from the chemotherapy! Your dad keeps us posted on her progress, and your blog gets daily hits from our family computer. :-) Just know that many, many people in Atmore are praying for you and your family.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you . . .
Mary Beth (Brantley) Lancaster

Anonymous said...

Hello Hope - Wow, I am so glad to hear she is not sick from the chemo. That is so awesome. I wanted to comment before but that picture of Ivee smiling looks just like the picture of her daddy (the family picture on the post). She has to be a daddy's girl. I won't talk your ear off tonight - I have done enough of that. Good news has come and BIG THANKS to God - he is working a miracle out. I am so extremly happy for your family that she will be home in her own bed very soon. All God's Best!! Paula Casallo

Anonymous said...

Hope, Emmett, TeamKID FFF children talked bout how God's loving power is healing Ivee. the children are lifting up the Foley family.

We love ya'll, Beth Pinyerd

Anonymous said...

Hope, Emmett,

Brittney and Ethan gave us a good report at TeamKID tonight as well. Thanks for sharing your children with God and His church.Your faithfulness during this time has been a light of hope to all.
Love,
Beth P.

Anonymous said...

Hope and Emmett, in TeamKid last night Ethan prayed. He spoke so softly that I didn't hear each word, but I did hear his prayer for Ivee to get to come home. After his prayer he said, "I KNOW God heard my prayer. He hears EVERY prayer." Sometimes we need to be reminded by the little ones.
God bless.
Faye Carter