About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, December 25, 2014

The most Blessed Season of All....

As I sit here watching TV with the girls, I just flashed back to Christmas 8 years ago. Ivee's first Christmas, our family awoke at the Ronald McDonald House, just down the street from the Children's Hospital, without her as she lay in PICU 5 days after brain surgery. 
For Christmas, that afternoon, she got the gift of her own room on the regular floor where she would spend 25 more days dealing with pain, wound leaks, fighting nurses, undergoing procedures, and having more surgeries to place a feeding tube in her stomach, tie her stomach around her esophagus and install a central line in her side where at the end of that time she began chemotherapy.
MY how our lives changed, and I cannot begin to explain how God showed me the true meaning of Christmas. How very important is to have family and how desperately we need to love other people!
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you! I pray that you all find the reason for this day and that you find the TRUEST love of all!

No comments: