About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Not for the faint of heart...

     First, let me state. Ivee's MRI was good. No changes, for the worse or better. She has no sign of Tumor and the other changes from surgeries and radiation are stable. I am unbelievably grateful to GOD, the hospital, doctors, financial backers and to those who pray for her!!!! She is my sunshine, and holds my heart. Emmett and I will often look at each other and say, "How did WE (you and me) end up with such a sweet child?" If you know us, you know why I say this. Not that Emmett and I don't have a caring spirit, but we constantly are pickers, teasers and sarcastic. This child doesn't seem that she belongs to us at all. God has something special in store for her...is just know it. I mean, look at how many lives she has touched in just 6 years!?

     For my local friends, we are looking for support. The Next Cookie for Kid's Cancer Event happening is April 27th in Bay Minette. All you need to know to support it by coming out, buying a t-shirt or sponsering is at this website. http://www.thecookiemomsters.com/events.php

     Now...I'm going to continue this post, but if you don't want to read about the hardness of this life, don't read on.

     Friends of mine from the pediatric cancer world (PCW) lost there baby to DIPG over a year 4 months ago. Another friend of hers from the PCW lost her child to DIPG, as well, a week ago. That family did something I don't think I could do.This mother and father, in their most desperate moment, the time where I'm sure only grief entered their thoughts, filmed "The leaving of Miette". It was not a film about her death, but about what happens after. It was that moment after their baby had passed and they had to pick her up and take her to the gurney to be taken away to prepare her for the funeral. I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch this video. I know so many who have lost their babies...I mean, look at the ^^angel wings^^ to the left of my screen.
     I have imagined that moment with Ivee too many times, and am never proud that I have. I don't want to imagine it...it is just something that happens. The thoughts always creep in. It mostly happens right after diagnosis...or during treatment...but mostly...when you hear that another child has died. I thought for a moment, wondering if I really wanted to watch. I thought about the parents and why they did it. I was for one reason and one reason only.

 ______We need a CURE!!!________

We need to find a way to stop this monster. I watched if for....

     I watched it for the 42 children diagnosed today with cancer. For the 7 children who will lose their battle today. I watched it for Ivee. We have to do something. Bring awareness to the for front. I understand why we see PINK everywhere, and honestly, there is a huge "market" for breast cancer. Research is so vital, that is why there is a greater chance for those facing breast cancer now. When will our children have that better chance? 

     THANK YOU to all who support Cookies for Kids Cancer, St. Baldricks, and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. My gratitude can never be enough! 

     I am not going to share the video of "Miette leaving" with you. If you "feel" you need to watch the video you can find it on youtube. It is a very difficult video to watch and I honestly don't know what kind of people read my blog. I would hope most of you read it because you love and pray for my Ivee. BUT, I've had friends lives stolen from their blogs and someone creating a blog and living a false life vicariously through my friends griefs and struggles. I also don't want to share it on here for those who are upset by all of this. It is a very difficult road, and this family doesn't need any more grief from it all. They didn't really want to share this with the whole world, but I know MANY grieving parents who do what they don't want to just to try to save other families from having to watch their child suffer. 

     So, I apologize if I upset anyone with this blog. Blogs, however, are not necessarily for the reader, but for the writer. It really has been that for me, especially this post. I'm just sharing my heart. Today, it hurts. 

Keep praying, keep believing, and keep fighting!!!!





1 comment:

Kristie m/o Aaron the Amazing said...

thank you for sharing your heart. I haven't watched the video yet. but, I know that the time from when Aaron took his last breath until the men from the funeral home took him away seems like the world stood still. I really don't know how I let them take him away and then drive him to Memphis to "harvest" his tumor. I am so happy for you that Ivee's scans were good!!! Still and always-Praying for a Cure