About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Another Long day at the hospital...BUT NOT WITH IVEE!

Today Emmett had a minor outpatient procedure done here at our local hospital. No big deal. He's had oral surgery before and an endoscopy, but this was his first intibation. We are not sure WHY they intibated, but I guess it was enough of a surgery to have it done. Well, after the surgeon came to talk to me and tell me all went and looked well, I waited 2 hours. To me, having had a life of hospital stays and visits over the last 5 years with Ivee, this was a long time. Finally, when they called me back, I discovered he was having trouble breathing and keeping his O2 up. As well, he was coughing and throwing up blood, not alot by any means. Since then, they moved him to CCU. His heart rate is elevated and his blood pressure low, so they are keeping him over night. He is just exhausted, but we are trying to get him to do lung exercises. So, I am at home now, putting kids to bed and about to hit the sack myself. As soon as I drop the kiddos off, I'll be returning to the hospital to check on him. Praying that when I show up he'll be off oxygen and his heartrate with return to normal. Forgot to mention, he has a low grade fever as well, about 100.3. So, if you are up for it, join in praying for my hubby so he can come home and be well tomorrow. Thanks friends! 
Hope

3 comments:

- jared said...

We'll be praying for you all!

Kate said...

Well darn! It's always something isn't it, Hope? Saying a prayer for Emmitt...... And you!!

Kasie Person said...

Hope, The Person Family is praying for you all!