About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

From my friend, Kate

My friend Kate is coming to end of her treatment journey with her Lucy! YAY! Someone shared this today with her, and I want to share it with you. I will probably add a few things, but this about sums it up. Thanks Kate!!!

11 THINGS I WISH MY CHILD’S DOCTOR KNEW.......



1. Please don't ask me to leave my child's side if not completely necessary!!! I need to be there for her in all these things!!!

2. I need to be part of my child’s care team. I am there everyday. I am used to being in charge. At home, no nurses or doctors are telling me what to do. Help me be a part of the team.



3. I am not stupid. I may not understand all the words that you use, but I am willing to learn. Teach me. Help me understand what you are talking about. What could be more important for me know? Let me tell you, after 5 years, I KNOW some THINGS!!!

4. I am not overprotective. I am a parent. I see my child struggling to survive. I was given this child to protect and love. If I am doing something excessive, then kindly, gently tell me that it is not necessary. But do not tell me I am overprotective. Those words are fighting words.


5. I don't know if you believe in God or not, but I hope and pray that you do. While my child is under the care of your hands, I am in the waiting room asking for God to guide your hands and your mind so that you can save my child’s life. I pray for you!!! And when I can, I'll share my faith with you!!!

6. Caring for a child with a chronic illness isn't what I bargained for when I was planning a family. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. I am not just my child’s parent. I have many roles and wear many hats. Please understand this problem has touched every facet of my life and is challenging me in ways that you cannot possibly understand or see.

7. I am grieving. Maybe not everyday, but often! This is not what I planned. My home is waiting for my child. Clothes hang in the closet; toys and books are waiting to serve their purpose. Please be kind while I try grasp what all of this means and while I mourn the life my child should have had.
This is the mind of a parent who is in the hospital watching their baby go through chemo, or living hundreds/thousands miles away from their home! 

8. I have to trust you. I have handed over the most helpless and important person in my life. I know that you are not God, but I am hoping that through you, God will work a miracle!!!!

9. I have HOPE!! Big old stinking HOPE!!! I don't care about statistics. There aren't two children here at the same time, having the same surgery. There is one, and that is my child. Don't tell me that you don't think that my child won't make it. Tell me, that you'll do everything in you power to help my child survive.
There is nothing like a doctor continually throwing statistics in your face! It offends me!!! My God is greater, and he has a plan! I will be content with what that plan of HIS is...not yours!!!

10. I know you don't have a crystal ball. When I ask you for my child’s prognosis, I am asking you for reassurance. Every parent wants to be a grandparent one day. Don't get irritated when I ask you about the future. Tell me I'm doing a good job today.

 Be supportive!

11. If it is God's will to take my child too soon, don't be afraid to let me see you cry. Your tears will help to cleanse my wounded heart. I need to know that you cared.



----UNKOWN AUTHOR..



Thank you Kate for sharing these unknown authors words!!! They sum it up just fine!!!


Thanks for everyone's prayers, and 


Don't forget to vote!! 

No comments: