About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Update from HOME>>>>>

Ending of a great Mother's Day and a sweet little girls 5th birthday!!! My baby is 5!!!!!!! I can't believe that she is already 5, but Oh God, how thankful I am that she is!!! We are getting settled back in at home, and I forgot how difficult it can be. I am a come home and get everything unpacked and everything needs to be in it's place kinda person..BUT...reality has a bite! After scrambling to get the kitchen cleared of our boxes from Memphis and cleaned up, I realized that I am not necessarily in need of being needed....but that I am definitely needed around here! My house is usually what I call "organized chaous" but not everything is where it should be, toilets were not clean and food was on the kitchen walls. LET ME STATE, however, I do not personally hold my husband responsible. My kids know to keep their rooms and bathrooms clean, they know how to clean up the kitchen and how to throw trash away. They just didn't have someone on their case about it, so they didn't care. Daddy would tell them to do things, but he works a fulltime job, planted the garden, made sure the dogs, cat, turtles and chickens didn't die, did feed my kids, and he can't always do the follow up to make sure they cleaned things the correct way. Just goes to show you that no matter what age they are, most kids really don't care about anything until they are the ones that pay for it or own it! My sister was a prime example of that...she was a slob as a kid, but now in her life or marriage, kids and working, she is a great mom/wife. So, my kids aren't perfect, and I will be back on the nag train this week. School will be out in 3 weeks, so I will make up for missing the Spring Cleaning around here.  I will begin the unpacking process tomorrow when the kids go off to school. It will be nice to get all the suitcases and boxes put away, at least for 6 weeks when we'll go back for her follow up MRI and visits. 
I did get hit with alot of things I wasn't prepared for this week. Like a "surprise" choral concert for Brittney that she just found out about this past Tuesday, vet visits on Tuesday for my dogs and an orthodontist appointment for Britt on Thursday. And I thought I would have a week to settle back in. I hope the homework load is easy this week! 
Ivee is doing well, and as of yesterday didn't want to go to school on Monday. She wanted to stay home with momma!!! As of tonight, she wanted to go to school to see Ms. Brooks (her teacher). She only has the 3 weeks left, so as much as I will probably miss her, I want her to go and be with her friends and get in lots of play time, therapy, and learnin'!!! 
I am getting really excited about Ivee's make a wish trip in June. She is so excited about "swimming at Disney World." We'll hopefully be having her wish party soon. I think it is going to be a great and very well deserved trip for our family. 
Well, I have to go finish the laundry and prepare for cleaning and doing yardwork this week. Continue to pray for Ivee's continued healing. God give her renewed health. 
God bless you all....Hope
"Heal me, Oh Lord, and I will be healed.
Save me and I will be saved.
For you are the one I praise."

Jeremiah 17:14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May the Lord grant her renewed health. We continue to pray. Its great that Ivee will get to "swim @ Disney World". That sweet girl....We love ya'll. Anna