About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Really....Do I need to drive again...

Yeah...so as you can see from my "heading" I'm not too thrilled to be taking another long drive up to Memphis this soon, but so is the life of a St. Jude Cancer patient's mom. You know, I was so excited when last year we hit the only going every 6 months marker for check ups. It doesn't feel like you just got home to have to turn around and drive right back up. But driving up 4 times in less than two months...now that is al ot of driving. Makes those every 12 weeks visits not so bad. They will fly you up there, which is faster, but with all of Ivee's medical equipment and her constant head congestion, we just aren't ready to try flying yet. I wouldn't fly right now anyhow, not so soon after resection and the infection on the lower half of her suture. Which, by the way, it is looking better...finally.
I believe we are all coming to grips with mom and Ivee leaving soon. I keep running through my head what all I need to show and tell Emmett. He doesn't know much of our daily routine, so it will be interesting and probably a little trying for him and the kids to adapt to one another. They will be fine, though. Things just won't be where I normally put them, and I will be searching for stuff when I move back home.
Ivee will miss them all. She already ask everyday weekday where they all are. She knows they are at work and school, but she enjoys when they come home. She is missing going to school as well. Hopefully we can make some of the last weeks of school in May.
I've been trying to decide what all I need to take with me when we move up this time. From previous experience, I recall coming home with a lot more than we took with us. We were lucky that all of our stuff fit in the van that time. I packed it just so that I could get the 3 kids in the car. It was interesting. The weather in Memphis should be much more pleasant to live in than last time. We are looking at Spring weather instead of July/August weather, which was in a word...miserably-hot!!! I thought LA was hot, but at least we have a breeze here. It was a beat-down-on-you-no-relief-in-the-shade heat that summer of '07.
We do leave this Tuesday for Radiation Mapping and MRI scans. Hopefully will be home Thursday. We'll then have another week home before going up for the radiation dosing. Ivee should be well enough to go to church and other places by this next weekend. We are going to have to find some time to make it to the movies before I go. So many films were released since our hospital stay, and we wanted to see too many of them. It never seems to fail. You don't see anything good at the movies for months, then all of a sudden everything that comes out looks so good!!! We did get to see one movie yesterday. Ivee was feeling great, and our oldest, Brittney who is the best big sister and babysitter in the world, said she was comfortable watching her for a few hours. She is wonderful with Ivee, Ivee adores her, and the medical stuff doesn't scare her in the least. I showed her how to use the feeding pump one time and she has it down! The kids are wanting to see a new movie that came out as well, but Ivee won't be up for watching it. Guess we'll have to find another babysitter for a night so we can take the oldest two out.
Well, I suppose that is all the news for now. Pray for safe travels, and easy procedures this week. God bless!!!!

No comments: