About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Well, we had lowered her oxygen a good bit, but then we just thought she was getting tired because her stats began to drop again. So, we had to up the oxygen again. We didn't have to go all the way back up, but we did have to go up more than we would have liked too. We are now doing albuterol treatments, and continuing with chest PT. We put a pressurized mask on her and make her work to breathe out. This helps to "inflate" her right lung. She does really well with the treatment, but it is really hard work. 
She is now IV free, which is good, but she is in such a slump it wasn't that big a deal to her. When the nose vent comes off, and she can get out in a wagon, stroller, or anything, she will be in a better place... we hope. I believe we will be going home with a feeding pump, and if it comes down to it, we may be going home on oxygen. Just don't know at this point what it may come down to. 
We have tried all we can in the room to raise her spirits, but there just doesn't seem to be anything. I did manage last night and this morning to get her to "dance" a little in her bed. It consisted of moving her arms and head. Maybe I can try again and see what happens. She is moving her neck really well and very nicely. 
Someone from Habitat for Hope is bringing us a meal tonight. He said he knows a good country cooking place, so I pray it is GOOD stuff!!! 
She is snuggly next to daddy right now watching TV. Praying she gets a good nights rest and that the breathing treatments continue to move us forward...quickly!

No comments: