About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Mid Week

Hello to everyone. I am trying to find time to blog. Keeping busy is not the problem so far. We have full days everyday. They said it would slow down soon. I''ll believe it when i see it. We just got back from Ivee's swallow study. She didn't do so well. Not sure if the radiation is the cause. She has been baned from liquids by mouth until radiation is over. She will not like that, cause she likes the sweet tea and apple juice. They are replacing her port up here cause the old one from 3 weeks ago has come unstitched. the surgeons said they could restitch it or just put in the under skin port. Dr. Merchant and I talked and we both decided to go ahead and do the new port. It is easier to deal with. Alot less complications. Hopefully we won't have to replace it. She can get in water with it. (of course the g button still doesn't help. maybe we can cover it somehow so she can take a real bath).
So far I haven't had alot of time to miss home. I find myself getting emotional during the day when I see the other kids. Some look really good, and then there are others that have just had surgery and their scars and issues are so fresh. Just reminding me of Ivee 6 months ago. We've, well Britt, has made some friends. One is a little girl who lives here in Memphis. Her story is that she was in the hospital some time ago, she received a blood transfusion that gave her a stroke, so now she is wheelchair bound. She also made friends with a girl who's brother is having radiation. And then she has played and spoke with a little boy who's sister had a brain tumor and is having radiation. They are from Indiana and are Amish. I've seen quite a few Amish families here. I've seen people from all cultures and languages. Many can't speak English.
I am becoming accustomed to watching them put Ivee under sedation everyday. It is a little creepy, but hopefully it will become easier. She fights it tooth and nail. Waking up from sedation yesterday, she was a "mean" drunk. I was trying to feed her, and she wanted to play with her g button by pulling on it hard. She didn't like being scolded for that I can tell you.
I am still at the grizzly house here, on the waiting list for Ronald McDonald house. Should be able to get in by the end of the week we hope.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope, I just know God has a special plan for y'all being there. I know Brittney is showing those kids God's love, and that's so awesome. I'm praying for your strength and Ivee's comfort as well. Thank you for blogging and letting us hear from you.
Hang in there,
Daisy

baughman-family said...

I think that it will help Brittney to have other kids to talk to. She now can have new friends who can relate to her unique situation. I'm glad that she went.

LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope, Ivey and Brittany,
We are keeping you all in our prayers. I check the blog often so that I can pray specifically for you guys. I admire your strong faith and courage through this journey. We are in agreement with you, for Ivey's complete healing. Ivey is so precious and such a fighter! I pray each day will become easier and that she will be recovering in a miraculous way!! I can see that our LORD is holding you up with his mighty right hand. We Love you all!
Ana, Tony & Addison Waller

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to add my encouragement for you - I think of and pray for you often.

Anonymous said...

Hey babe...just wanted to send you a little note to encourage you to keep blogging even when it's a pain. Speaking for those of us that don't always leave comments like we should, there are a lot of us that check your site regularly. We're dying to keep up w/what's going on with Ivee and you guys, and it really does help to know specifics. Don't ever worry that you're getting too detailed or mundane...it helps to know how to pray for you guys. Besides, every blog that you make will be another day that you can look back on and read later when you guys come out on the other side of this thing. Evidence of God being glorified in every situation! Love ya girl...you and Em just renew your strength knowing Whose hands you're in. Love, Tina

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope, thanks so much for keeping us abreast of how things are going for you, Ivee, and Brittney. I am praying for our baby girl every day! I know Brittney will be an encouragement and light to many including her mom. I know you must be so tired but just know your family of faith is interceding for you. As you have already been doing take one hour and one day at a time. Kiss Ivee for me.

Love in Christ,
Beth Pinyerd

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I check this too. I love and miss you all.

Em