About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

My Favorite

     So, I saved my favorite brain tumor warrior until today. Why would you not put her first or last you may ask? Well, May may be brain tumor awareness month, but more importantly for me, it is the month we celebrate Ivee's life.
     Today my baby girl is seven years old. I can't believe it has been only seven years with her. It feels like a lifetime. Emmett and I were conversing yesterday and I stated, "I can't really remember life without her. So much has happened that it feels like she has been here all the time." So, today I celebrate the life of Ivee!!! Since so many of you know her story and I don't really have to bring you up to date, I'll celebrate her with just a few pictures!

Today's Brain Tumor Warrior
Ivee Isabell Foley
Seven years old

Days before the fall from the grocery cart 
The Day before first brain tumor removal 

After five hour tumor surgery 
Going through Chemo and trying to learn to sit up (wouldn't accomplish this for 7 more months)
First birthday celebrated in the hospital while battling infection from chemo and low white blood cells.
At home on a good week watching daddy play video games. 
1. Living at St. Jude. (Right eye turned in drastically).  2. At the zoo in Memphis . Daddy's looking at the hippos, but Ivee is admiring her daddy, who she adores. 

In December of 2007, we celebrated our first G.I.F.T. day. 

Spring of 2008. Hair growing and looking very cute! 
Loving baseball games with "her" pawpaw and celebrating her 2nd birthday at the park with Nemo. 
Ivee and her favorite doctor...EVER! Dr. Merchant
In September 2008, has surgery to remove scar tissue and ease compression on the brain stem. This leads to a meningitis and the need for a shunt. 
 
2009 - NO surgeries this year!!! Just growing and trying new things...and being silly! Turns 3!! Yepee!

2010 - Shunt line infection. Leads to shunt revision. 
Ivee sees her first snow fall one week after surgery 
May 2010 - Ivee turns 4
October 2010- Hip Dysplasia Surgery. 


2011-Cancer returns- Goes through second dose radiation. 
Make A Wish Trip to Disney World!!!

 
By Fall of 2011 - Ivee starts first year of Kindergarten

2012 - Ivee turns 6.  

Ivee gets glasses and hearing aids in Summer and we decide to put her back in K5 that Fall.
Summer 2012 - She takes her first trip to meet Grandpa's family in North Carolina
Spring 2013 - Ivee competes in her first Special Olympics Competition.

May 8, 2013 - This Morning...So happy and so proud to be SEVEN!!!!

Happy birthday my Ivee!!!!!!






































1 comment:

firefly said...

Happy 7th Birthday Ivee!!!Wishing you many more. I love your Tangled outfit. Hugs! Sarah