About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Met "O-Livi-A"hhhh

If you have never seen the show Olivia, about a very smart and somewhat pushy little piglet who loves the color red, then you don't know why I have to sing that name anytime I say it!

Today's Brain Tumor Warrior
The Thriver
Olivia Bell Shroades


Just seeing this little girls face makes me so happy and just makes me want to giggle. Olivia is not quite a month older than Ivee. She was diagnosed with a Grade 2 Ependymoma just before her first birthday. She and Ivee's birthdays and diagnosis are so close together, that in my mind, I sometimes think of them as sisters...sisters of the cancer world. Due to her brain surgery, Olivia has had a tracheotomy  a peg feeding tube, a Hickman port, 30 radiation treatment, lots of therapies, and numerous spinal taps, CT's, and MRI's.
Today, Olivia as NO trach, No feeding tube, No port, and is thriving and surviving. 
She is continuing to improve and amaze everyone each minute, hour, and day. She gives me hope that one day, Ivee will no longer need her feeding tube. Today is Olivia's MRI and check up. We are praying that continued healing, growing and NO SIGNS OF CANCER!!!
She is not only a survivor - but a THRIVER!!!!

No comments: