About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, May 10, 2013

From my town to your PC

Today's Brain Tumor Warrior
Carlin Davis


I want you to meet Carlin Davis, avide country girl. She loves chickens, camouflage and hunting turkeys! Carlin and her family live here in our small home town. She is one of, I believe, 8 kids from our town that is fighting cancer or has fought within the last few years. Carlin's parents tried for many years to have a child, and Carlin was their miracle IVF (test tube) baby. She was their "impossible dream". 
Carlin, who is 12 years old, was diagnosed with DIPG on August 23, 2012. About a week before school started her parents noticed Carlin's left eye would not turn to the left. What they thought would be a quick fix, going to the eye doctor, turned into their worst nightmare! That afternoon, they ended up at Women & Children's Hospital in Mobile. The doctors did an MRI scan and told them she had an inoperable brain tumor. 
She was referred to St. Jude Children's Hospital, one of the only hospitals in the world that will try to treat this incurable cancer. Carlin did well post radiation treatment and oral chemo. The tumor seemed to be shrinking and stable. In April, however, there was tumor progression and she was no longer able to follow the protical she was on. They are now trying new treatments with chemo to try to give Carlin a chance at life! Praying that God works a miracle in Carlin's Life! 
You can follow Carlin on FB at Carlin's Courage. 


*All of the children I have written about have websites to the left on my page! 

No comments: