About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Week two is almost at a close....

Almost to the end of week 2 of RT. Just 4 more weeks to go after this one is over. We have made many friends here at the RMH. Even have our own supper club...where we banish all forms of hot dog!! Many of you have sent Ivee mail, and that just makes her day!!! She loves going to see if we have a letter or package in the mail. She spends her nights at dinner entertaining our new friends with her mad dance skills. She was really on it last night, and she had her friend Brandon laughing his booty off!!! It was great to see Brandon so happy. He ask to see his silly little friend, he was asking for her this morning. The sample T-shirt that was on back order has finally come in, so hopefully I can give my full approval for them to print the t shirts SOON!!! So, go ahead and get those orders in if you haven't yet.
On a serious note, she is handling treatment really well. We are still worried about what it is doing to her, but most days she is her cheerful Ivee self. The only hard, hard times is the 30 minutes after she wakes up from sedation. I feel like some days I am way too use to this life. I guess after living in it for over 4 years, it just is what it is!! This is what life has been since Ivee came into this world, fighting for life from the beginning. I guess it's like someone who's child has a disability from the day they were born. You know you have to learn to live with it so...it becomes normal. So, I sometimes ask myself....."Why in the world should a life with a child battling cancer for her life feel normal?!?!?!" I see the new frazzled parents just starting this journey, and those days of feeling like that seem like ages ago. Shouldn't I still feel frazzled? Now scatter brained....yeah, that is there. I guess I'm just not going through the motions right now. Maybe I'm just focused or maybe even comfortable in this role. I know that is wrong...but it's just so true.
Okay, I guess I'll quite with that weird stuff and just say.....we miss home, but things here are so familiar that it just seems like home #2. We are in Memphis so often during the year that someone was telling me where the closest post office was by street names, and I knew where she was talking about. I have developed a love for this city and for the people I know here. But, don't worry my Alabamians...we'll be home before you know it. 

Much Love and keep on praying for Ivee....the blessed. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for Ivee..she is a trooper. It is amazing to watch how God is using all this for His glory. You are in your "new kind of normal".
Love all of you much,
Anna