About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, April 04, 2011

Begin Week two of treatment....

Daddy and the kiddos left yesterday, and there was crying all the way back to the house (I think for Ivee and daddy). He's ready to leave the other two with me. I think there is a greater appreciation for momma now :) Ivee is looking forward to them coming back in a few weeks. Papaw will be bringing the kids up for spring break and their daddy will come up Easter weekend to get them.
Today was a crazy day around here. It seemed like all the kids waiting for treatment were on edge, kind of like a dog who is scared of storms. And it did storm here today...badly. They had to postpone treatments due to power surges, and this made all the treatments behind. Luckily, Ivee got hers before the surges, but these other poor babies were really delayed. The ones that have to be sedated are NPO (Nothing by mouth) 8 hours before treatment. Many are on steroids and they are STARVING when they wake up. So they are tortured to wait until treatment is over. The delay made it worse.
Ivee is cooping very well to our daily life. It's not an easy thing, doing all this, but we always seem to make the most of it. We have an amazing new bunch of "family" members here. We even have a "supper club" going on. It is nice to be able to reach out to these families and feel connected. It is so different then just the 4 to 6 month visits because when you live under the same roof together, you build a more closely knit relationship. I will follow these kids and their parents journeys forever, come what may.
So, when you say a prayer for Ivee, add Brandon, Levi, Emily 1 & 2, Lucy, Hutch, Chasity, Justin, Haley and Allison to your list. I'm sure there will be more along that way. God bless.

No comments: