About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, April 01, 2011

Into weekend #2...

So, week 1 dose #5 is complete. I'm not sure I should call it #5 or should I call it dose #38. When this is all over, Ivee would have received 63 doses of radiation to her little body. I have met one other family here at the RMH who is dealing with a reoccurance of Medullablostoma. Even though it's not Ependymoma, we are all in the same boat. Unfortunately, she is having full radiation to the entire brain and her hair is falling out. Ivee's radiation is just focalized on the one spot where the reoccurance was. So, her mommy is going to have to buzz her hair off tonight. Another little girl's hair was buzzed at the beginning of the week, and she has been sporting some pretty awesome wigs today!!!


Ivee's been counting down the days til daddy arrives. She didn't mention anything today, but Emmett planned getting here today before she was to awake from treatment. So, as Ivee awoke from sedation I walked in. They say that the moment she awakens from sedation, is immediately ask for me. She saw me and said, "hey", then daddy popped out from behind me. Her eyes, as drugged as they were, popped open big and she declared, in her soft hourse little voice, "Daddy, you're back!!!" It was priceless. She was telling the nurse that her daddy was back! Then she ask to "Hold mommy." It is so sweet. When she wants us to hold her, she'll say "I want to hold momma" or "I want to hold daddy." 
She has been looking forward to getting her "Buddy" out today. A "buddy" is the needle infusion line they put in her port. It stays in the whole week, Monday to Friday. I told her it was coming out today, and she is quite happy that is gone. 
So, daddy, Brittney and Ethan are here for the weekend. Ethan is already bored. Brittney is already talking about nothing, and Emmett is touching and annoying me. Ahhhh...home sweet home came to me!!!!  

No comments: