About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, April 11, 2011

A long Monday to begin week 3

It's late and I'm tired, but I decided to write a small note. We had a LONG day of appointments beginning with ALL 3 therapies!?!?! I'm beginning to question the sanity of the scheduler in RO clinic!!! As of Friday when I got our Monday schedule, I had a 45 minute break between to therapies, so my plan was to get breakfast then. As we checked in this morning, I saw that all three therapies had been scheduled, followed by Triage (where they access the port, take weight, height, temp, Blood pressure..blah, blah), then the clinic visit to see the doctor, then radiation. All to be done before 1:00 p.m. So, luckily, our OT, Ashley, let me sneak out for a bite. Then Ivee did very well cooperating for all three therapist, thank the Lord. All ran quickly until we hit radiation. They were 1.25 hours delayed getting her to sleep. I was starving, by then, Ivee, who has no appetite, is getting hungry. Once under, I ran to renew my meal card and grab a quick bite. Once Ivee woke up, it took an hour to calm her down. She just sat and cried for home, and daddy. Even calling him on the phone didn't make her happy. It wasn't a fit throwing cry, but my heart is aching and I am home sick cry.
Finally, she is asleep and all was well later. I haven't been sleeping well. Last night I had night sweats all night and dreams that don't seem to end. My family is missing me, especially my husband who had a rough, tough weekend emotionally. He's been doing well, but he really misses being able to have me around for sporadic talks. I miss him as well. Hopefully the kids will be good for him the rest of the week, and hopefully Ivee will wake up better after sedation in the next few days until Papaw and brother and sister come for a visit.
Okay, that was my quick note. Have a blessed night everyone, and read ya later.
Hope

1 comment:

Kate said...

the scheduler is out to get me. Ha!ha!ha! I feel your pain. Lucy can't seem to catch a break in RT.