About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

News about the News in 5

1. Ivee is doing well. She has crawled today, played with my friend Cathy while I went to the grocery store, has begun to talk a little louder and a whole lot more, and she used her walker tonight. She just came walking down the hallway to the kitchen, surprising and scaring her mother all at the same time. 
2. Her neck "wound" (which I will not share the gross details of) is beginning to look better. Still redish in the skin around the suture and "other stuff" but it is not getting worse. We will continue to clean it as we have been and let it air dry. 
3. I heard from Make-A-Wish today. We have only been trying to get together on this interview since the end of December, and YES it is March. We were all finally able to meet next Thursday, March 10th...UNTIL....
4. Christy, Dr. Merchant's nurse from St. Jude called. Dr. M wants us back up there next week. Sooo....once again, I can't meet with Make-a-wish which means I can never make this kids wish happen!!!! (Done Venting)
5. This means that next Tuesday I will once again leave for Memphis. We will do her radiation mapping/planing scan on Wednesday and her MRI on Thursday, then come home. He will give us a week at home, and then Ivee and I will be moving up the weekend of the 20th, I assume (date wise). This means that she and I will be in Memphis during the kids Spring Break and Easter. Guess their coming to see momma and Ivee for that week. This would have Ivee and I moving home the first part of May. 

WHERE HAVE THE FIRST 2 MONTHS OF 2011 GONE??!!?!?!?! Seriously, It's March? I guess time flies when your world goes into a "loopty-loo" again! Now, if only the time in Memphis will go that fast. At least I know what to expect this time, and I am looking forward to being able to minister to families who may be going through this for the first time. I'm actually a PRO at this now....how sad : (  

So, as you continue to pray, and thank you for your continued prayers and just your thoughts of us throughout the day....Pray that we can finally meet with Make-a-wish and get that rolling for Ivee. Pray for our trips to Memphis and our time apart from family. Pray for us financially. BUT our BIGGEST prayer....PRAY FOR NO SIDE EFFECTS FROM A SECOND DOSE OF RADIATION!!!! This is a huge consequence of 2nd time dosing. 
God bless you all and thanks for putting up with me. 

No comments: