About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, February 28, 2011

First day home...

Ivee has had a pretty good day here at home. She is still pretty congested, but her cough continues to get a little stronger day by day. She has tried to talk more today, but her voice is still very weak. She has played Candy Land with momma and brother, Ethan. She has watched TV and she slept in until 9:00 a.m. this morning. Emmett said she didn't move all night. She was still in the same position she went to sleep in last night. I have worked with her on doing some crawling, standing and push-ups today. Home health brought her feeding pump and suction machine. The suction machine doesn't "suck" very well though. I might have to call them about that. It worked well while the guy was here but the moment he left I couldn't get the machine to give me much power.
Now we wait at home, healing and getting stronger, and await a phone call from St. Jude. Not sure when they will want us to move up. Ethan didn't realized Ivee and I would be moving. I think that perhaps we had forgotten to mention it to him. Just so much going on. He wants to go with us. When I asked why he said, "I won't have to deal with the kids on the bus and I can make sure Ivee stays safe." I think it is more the getting out of school part than the keeping Ivee safe part. That, and I do believe he will miss us. He already wants to know when they will come visit. This will just be another one of those times in our lives where we will all just have to try hard, learn to live without each other, and remember why family is so important. It's hard on everyone when life is not the same as when momma's home, laundry's done, dishes are cleaned, mom reminds you to feed the animals, mom takes care of the doctor's appointments, homework and all that stuff. Now daddy will have to be there at night to make sure everyone's fed, does schoolwork, and goes to buy groceries. BUT we will all make it. Just another bump in the very bumpy road we've been on...or maybe it's just a pot hole!!!
I'll keep everyone informed when I know more about Memphis, and I'll update on Ivee's progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God Bless and continue with healing. I am grateful for your updates. My LOVE is with you and your family <3