About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The day is coming to and end...

and once again...the location is...THE SAME!
They took samples again, and the med was still in her system. So, they are changing to an different and new antibiotic. That means staying here at least another 24 hours to see how she does on that med, and take more . She has to be on antibiotics until Sunday, marking 21 days. At this rate, I'll never have to take any meds home, cause we'll be here FOR-EV-ER~!
And the day started with me not being able to get any return on Ivee's line, so we had to change out her access line. And then they wanted her labs drawn from her by needle for an exact reading. Couldn't get a vein, so they just stuck her finger and squeezed it out.

On another note, I had all three kids in the room today. That was interesting. Especially when Ethan went into the bathroom to read something in his school work (cause it is quiet in there) and he dropped his mechanical pencil in the toilet, which or course he got out by hand. So dramatic Brittney starts over reacting, cause Ethan is touching stuff...all the while the nurse is trying to prep Ivee for a lab draw from the port line, so Ivee is screaming, and Brittney is still doing some ridiculous..."Ethan is disgusting" dance and song, which is extremely loud and over exaggerated. So, of course I had to scream at her to calm down, just as people are walking by the open door. Hope you enjoy my "run on" story.

So, that is the news from the newly named "Foley" wing of USA C&W. I hope lifetime maximum on insurance change soon, cause Ivee is approaching the million dollar max pretty quickly! We guess that if she continues down this path, by the time she's 5, she will reach it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, does the mechanical pencil still work? Just kidding in all seriousness, we are praying for Ivee and you guys every day. We will specifically pray for the antibiotic to do what it needs to do.

Love,
Laney and family

Luvlie said...

We are praying for you!

Lori

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray! Only God..I am praying for each of you; You, Emmett, Ivee, Brittney & Ethan.

I can actually visualize that "scene"...Hope you all are "released" soon.

We love you, Anna & Bob

Anonymous said...

Hope,
I am praying for little Ivee and all of your family. I am so touched by your situation, and the Faith you continue to have. My kids and I are in a walkathon at the park on Saturday, and we will be walking for Ivee. I have showed them all the video of her, and we are so moved! God is working in ways I never thought possible. I am checking on you through your blog, so let me know if there is ever ANYTHING I can do. God bless!
Jamia (Smith) Presley - Deana's sis

Anonymous said...

Hope, We continue to pray for Ivee & your family--in our S.S. Dept. at Daphne Way Baptist Church. (she is on our prayer list) I read your blog & report to them.
Hugs & love, Mary Ellen Parker (Theresa Vaughan's friend (you can ask Gwen who I am)

Anonymous said...

Hope,
I cannot believe the length of this journey you and your family have been on. It's been almost a month since I've checked your blog and you have lived a lifetime since then. Thanks so much for your honesty about your struggles with the faith: if you can go through this and still have any, what excuse could any of the rest of us have for losing it? We love you and hope you get to go home soon.