About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

After Surgery...11?



Post Surgery...loving on dadda and loving being held!
I think it is 11...could be more. She came through fine. She hasn't been out of a bed in 10 days, so as soon as we walked in recovery, she wanted to be held. She wouldn't let us put her down for 4 hours. Finally, after everyone had left, and daddy had to go back to work...I had too. The bathroom was calling. After crying for about 5 minutes the pain meds kicked in. She relaxed and is now sleeping in her crib.
We hopefully will be going home Monday. The doctor of infectious disease here wants her on 21 days of antibiotics (we are on day 11), but he said that we continue/finish that at home. It will have to be done through her port, but I can handle that. One of the medicines, vancomycin, has to be monitored though. If not given in the correct volume and strength it has to issues. 1. If not enough, it won't make it to the brain to treat infection or 2. If too much, it can cause kidney damage. So, it is definitely a science.
She should have a pretty descent recovery, but her neck, head and abdomen are sore from fresh incisions. Em and I are trying to careful with her. At least our home is pretty clean, so that will not be a huge issue when we get there.
The poor baby is 50% bald again. I'm not sure what we are going to do, but I do know I am not making any final discussions on it soon.
A special thanks to the Faith Family Preschool (Bright Beginnings) for all the pictures, banners and food. Also, to all the kids in Extended care for making get well pictures of Ivee. To my brother Dave, Becky and Kids: thanks for the care package. That was one "HUGE" bag of dark M&M's. To the Hillard's and Back's: thanks for the candy and balloon. And thanks to all our family! You are always there for us.
My dad is leaving for Mexico tomorrow (he offered to stay home, but some people in Mexico are in need of homes), so pray for safe travels.
That is the news from USA C&W.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the package, I was afraid it was lost in the mail. The M&M's should last you a few days. :) We hope the kids like their presents. Really wish we were there to do more that would actually help you out but the miles are just to many between us. We are so happy that Ivee will be going home soon..and you too! Get some much deserved rest when you get there. Give Ivee a big hug and kiss from her family in Illinois.
Becky and Dave