About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Going Home

The doctors are okay with Ivee going home today. They are "impressed" with how well we deal with her and the situation. We are like..."This is nothing in comparison to her first surgery!" She is doing well too, so that makes it easier. I guess they are not use to dealing with parents who have to take care of a child the way we do. Ivee just requires alot of attention, and we want what is best for her. So (I suppose from watching us with her) they are comfortable with our taking her home. They are writing the discharge orders and we will leave sometime this morning. We will take our time coming home so that she is comfortable as can be on the way home. She, by the way, is more than ready to leave. Anytime they (nurse/doctor) walk into the room she will whine, and immediately wave at them and tell them bye. She points at the door and look at us like..."Get me out of here!" She also wanted to get on the floor last night. Of course, we didn't let her...it is a hospital floor. Le Bonheur (which I found means 'Happiness' in French) is a cleaner hospital then many we have been in, but still...not gonna let her on the floor with her hands always on it.
It is quite windy (with gust) here in Memphis, so we will have to be quite cautious on our way home. I suppose it is remnants of Ike.
That is all for now.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Well im glad you are home and ivee is doin well!!

Anonymous said...

Gillerans are praying for you guys.

Tony Harman said...

Sorry I missed you on the way up Emmett. Maybe another time. Miss you guys. Praying continually.
Tony