About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Week 5 starts...17 days til home

Ivee outside in her "ride". More pics of the kids in the zoo. I always knew these two were a different species.


Ivee getting into some mischeif when she throws her toys down and tries to fall on her head to get them back.

Time is starting to catch up...so to speak. We are entering week 5 of radiation treatments. The doctor decided today that they will do 33 days of radiation instead of just 30 days. He said in the studies that he has done with babies Ivee's age (under 18 months) with these circumstances and ependymomas, the 33 days proves to be the most effective treatment to help control the tumors growth. She will have an MRI tomorrow, so I will probably have another meeting sometime this week to see what the results are as of right now. Ivee still hates physical therapy and is slightly okay with occupational therapy. She is doing well with sedation since Ms. Joan helped find the best concoction for little Ivee's stubbornness.

Ivee wants to give a special shout out to everyone who has sent us a letter or mail here. Thanks to Dave and Becky and the kids, Lacey and the gals of USA C&W for the cute card, Anna Cummins and the 5th/6th grade Sunday school class of Faith Family Fellowship, and to everyone who has posted a comment on the blog. Touches from home mean alot!

Now...specific prayer request. We hopefully will travel home on August 10th, tentatively. Pray that all goes well so that this can happen. Emmett has been working hard on the upstairs, but things are not going as well as we hoped. The things that need to be done before we can go any further are not happening. Please pray that the A/C duct work will be done this week. We can not progress any further until it is done. It is making us far behind. Also, pray that he can get the windows installed soon. He can't do it alone, and that means he can only work in the attic early in the morning and late in the evening cause of the heat. We had hoped that we could at least be at the walls, sheet rock and flooring by the time Ivee got home, but it doesn't look like it will even be that close. So, when we come home, it will not be the best environment for Ivee. When we install the fiberglass insulation, we may have to move her out for the time being. She is still very susceptible to breathing in things and having severe breathing problems. Finally, I know this is alot, pray that her MRI will be great, and she will pass her next swallowing test.
God bless you all, and I hope all this makes sense. I'll let you know more when I know more. Love to all. Hope

PS. Remember to say an extra prayer for our new St. Jude Friends.
Rachel (10): Cranial Tumor, under going radiation
Dorian (4): Ependymoma
Brett (7): Blastoma / Radiation
Johnny (3) : 2nd Ependymoma, just went home. pray for no recurrence
Kayla (8): 2nd Ependymoma, just went home, pray for no recurrence
Lori (19): Brain tumor (tough time with radiation and therapy, just had another surgery)
and many more


And still remember Jennifer Busby, my Friend from home with Sarcoma

Whew....you guys are great.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope - I was just praying for you guys and I was thinking about the extra 3 days and I remembered something I read a month or so ago. I am transitioning right now from Pastor's secretary to our school librarian. I am very excited because I love children and now I get to be with them all day. Anyway...I have been the Pastor's secretary for three years and because I believed this librarian job was ordained of God I decided to look up the number three in the Oxford companion to the Bible. This is what it says..Three is widely regarded as a divine number...Three days were the proper time for a work of God, which meant, by the ancient reckoning of time, that it was completed on the third day. Some of my own thoughts...Jesus was resurrected on the third day. I think that it is all a part of God's plan to undergo 33 days of radiation. It's His divine healing taking place. God just blows me away sometimes...how his hand is right in the middle of everything. I just can't wait till Ivee is home...free! These other pray needs touched my heart!! Our VBS lesson this week was on Joshua and the wall of Jericho. I emphasized that NO WALL no matter how big or strong it looks can withstand our God. He is strong and can do anything. I just need to remind myself of that everyday. I will be praying for the house to get IVEE ready. If not, that is one popular little girl and I am sure the doors of homes will fling wide open for her!! 17 days (half way there) till a miracle!! So glad your other "babies" got to have so much fun at the zoo. I till my Nate all the time "I don't care how big you get - you will always be my baby." To which he replies "No, I a big boy"! I just kiss and squeeze and let him believe that! Good Night and Many blessings, Paula

Anonymous said...

Hope and Family, The Palmers pray for you nightly asking God to bring healing and restfulness while you sleep. The girls are happy to lift up Mrs. Hope and Baby Ivee every evening. Don't worry, Mr. Emmet, we are praying for you, too!! Rohn, Joell, Gabby, Carly, Jensen and Destiny

Anonymous said...

Hope, we loved seeing you guys this past weekend, sorry we did not get a chance to say good-bye. Kirby has been talking about baby Ivee since we got home. Today she was playing babies and feeding the doll through her tummy instead of her mouth. She explained to me that her baby was like Ivee and that she was going to make her all better. We didn't talk much about what the kids plans are for the rest of the summer but Dave and I would love to have them for a visit. Give Ivee hugs and kisses from us. Becky, Dave and the kids

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope! I know you must be counting the days. We continue to pray for you and specifically the things you mentioned. The pictures are great, and Ivee looks so sweet!! It will be wonderful to look at your blog and see that you are finally home and all is well.
Daisy

Luvlie said...

I haven't commented in a while, I have been so busy with school getting ready to start that I haven't had much time. I have been working until nearly 8 everynight. I keep you all in my prayers, though and hope things continue to go well in Memphis.

Lori

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope,
We'll definitely pray for the Foley family and for your new friends at St. Jude's. Thank you for being an ambassador for Christ and for ministering to those there at the hospital. You are a blessing to them, i know. Have a wonderful weekend. Love to all, Kim F.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope, we really enjoyed being with Brittney and Ethan at camp. Thanks for sharing your children with us. Brittney and Ethan love the Lord, their dad, mom, and Ivee and it so evident in their prayers and fruit. Their conversations are so encouraging to all they meet, you and Emmett are truly blessed. Hope I know you are tired but your picture looks beautiful a face of peace, hope, and love for your sweet Ivee and your family. Thanks for sharing the names of the children who need prayer along with Ivee, we will have the children pray for these names during the Sunday School hour. Counting down the days that you and Ivee will be home snug in you surroundings. Thanks for sharing your journey of faith with your Christian brothers and sisters.
With Jesus Christ's Love,
Beth Pinyerd