About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Not "Emmett" Sick anymore....

Update on the family....True, Daddy drove up and surprised us on Monday...about 5 pm. The front desk of the "house" called and said we had a visitor. I knew it was either Emmett, or my dad drove over from NC, or perhaps Joel and Janet found time in their vacation to drop by. It was the first. He was suppose to come up later that week, but came up on Monday instead. We are all missing Ethan very much, and he is beginning to miss us as well. Daddy will probably look at bringing him up next weekend.
Update on Ivee radiation treatments... She is still taking radiation very well. She is making new boyfriends everywhere. Dr. Bikhazi is one of her favorites. He is a funny anesthesiologist in the radiation department. You can tell he is a ladies man from the Mediterranean. I think she thinks he is a fun grandpa, since he can act alot like Ivee's real grandpa, who she is probably missing a bit right now. I know he is missing her.
Update on her test...She had a scope scan of her vocal chords. They went through her nose, and we had to hold her down. Didn't LIKE IT!!! Well, anyway, her right vocal chord is paralyzed, so she only speaks with the left one right now. Dr. Thompson who did the scan also had a vocal chord paralysis, so he knows how Ivee feels. He has a problem with aspirating when he drinks also. His will never heal, but he has alot of hope for Ivee. 1. Because of her age. 2. Cause she coughs up her secretions on her own, trying to clear her throat and make her larynx clear. 3. Cause she has already shown great improvement (according to me and Emmett) since surgery has taken place. (Recall....after surgery she could not speak or swallow AT ALL for at least a month). She has come a long way. Dr Thompson wants to do the scan again in 6 months to see if there is any progress (improvement).
We are waiting for our occupational and physical therapy visits, so I need to get of the computer. They will call any moment. I hope to hear from more of you, and are eager to come home. I miss and love all of you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope,
Thanks for the update on Ivee - sounds like things are going pretty good for her. I continue to pray for her complete healing and I know it will happen in God's timing - He is an ON TIME God. I'm glad Emmett got to drive up - he was looking pretty sad Sunday without ya'll. I sure do miss you guys on the praise team - it's just me giving Tony a hard time all by myself. I look foward to having you all back home where you belong!!
Love ya'll
Kathy F.

Anonymous said...

Hi
I am so glad Emmett got to come up and visit. It sounds like they are keeping you busy. I think about ya'LL all the time and pray for complete healing. I feel helpless and want to help you with something and Steve said for Emmett to let him know what he can do to help with the room you are trying to have fixed up before you get back home. We are only a phone call away. Love you guys.
Steve& Debbie
and the gang

Anonymous said...

Hope - So glad you got your Emmett fix. What a great husband to surprise you all. I am so sorry I haven't blogged but I have had two sick children and have been at home with no computer access. (Michael takes the laptop to work). I have been reading the blog when I can and so glad all is going so well. I have thought and prayed for you guys every day. I am mailing a package tommorrow to you. I ordered Ivee some Nemo Pj's and I was waiting for them to get in before I could send out the package. Hopefully it won't take long to get there. Time is going quickly (probaly not so much for you three) but before you know it you will be home. I am SO glad Ivee is in good spirits and making friends. I am at work so I will blog more later. Many blessings, Paula

Anonymous said...

My pastor's wife has a cousin who is an oncologist at St. Jude. I believe she said his name was Bob Sanders. We are praying for you. There is a sweet little senior ladies SS class at my church that prays diligently for Ivee and your family. We are looking forward to hearing more good news!
Courtney Johnson-Morgan

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope. I am glad Emmett was able to come see all of you. I know it has got to be hard to be separated. Do you have a new address since you are @ the Ronald Mcdonald House? It is great to hear that Ivee is doing well with everything. UGH! through the nose...Take care. We continue to pray for Ivee, you, Brittney, Ethan & Emmett.
Love, Anna C.

Anonymous said...

That's great Emmett got to come see you guys. I can only imagine that was a WONDERFUL surprise! I hope you can enjoy your time together as much as possible. It sounds like St. Jude is on top of things and I will continue to pray for the doctors and people you all meet there and for God's perfect will to be done. We miss you at church, too, and we can't wait for you all to be back home!!!
continuing to pray daily,
Daisy

Luvlie said...

Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I have been out of town on vacation and then both the boys came down with strep after we got back... but I am glad to know that Ivee is getting more and more energy and that you are getting along well in Tennessee. We are all keeping you in our prayers (my parents are, too!).

Keep the faith!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Hope, saw Emmett this past sunday in Sunday School class, I could tell his wheels were turning in trying to make a decision because he is Hope sick too. I am thrilled he made it up there. Praying for you, Brittney, Ivee, Ethan. Thanks for keeping everyone posted.

Love ya,
Beth Pinyerd

Anonymous said...

Hope~
Glad Emmett was able to come up and suprise y'all with a visit. I"m sure he was as much Hope sick as you all were Emmett sick. :) I know how hard it is to be seperated as a family during the "easy times" I can't imagine how hard it is to be apart during the times when you need the support of each other the most. Thankfully we have God who is everything we need always. You are never alone.
Be sure we are praying for you all all the time.
Tell Brittney that Danielle says HI and misses her.
Love and Prayers
allyson