About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, July 02, 2007

ready...set...go....week 2

We are currently in the surgery waiting room this morning. Ivee is in radiation right now, then they will transfer her upstairs and put in a subteranious port (under the skin, on the top of her chest) and take out the central line. She has responded really well to the radiation. She is feeling alot better, and you can see the physical evidence of this from her hyperactivity. She is so crazy. She has friends all over the hospital. We have meet two people so far from our "neck of the woods." Maggie, a radiation nurse, is from Theodore. Chad, I believe he is in training in sedation and radiation, is from Silverhill, and his brother has a law office in Bay Minette. Also, Aimee, one of our recovery nurses was married at the Grand Hotel and was surpirsed when I told her how much damage was done by Ivan, and how it had to be totally gutted and redone.
I must confess that Brittney and I are becoming home sick. I'm sure Ivee is too. Emmett says that I am not home sick, I am "Emmett" sick. Ha, ha.
We are finding our way around Memphis. It isn't too confussing, just really congested in some areas. And if you want to go anywhere around the hospital area to see something or eat, you have to pay for a parking garage. So, I have come to one conclusion...I do not want to live here! And I'm not sure if I want to visit here again : ) I think I will have my fill of Memphis beofre this is over.
We have now moved to the Ronald McDonald house. We have our own phone number and can receive mail there much more easily. When I get back there today, I'll post those for you on here.
I'll let you in on more later. Thanks you everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious little Ivee! Praise the Lord, she is feeling better. Hope, I am so thankful you and Brittney have moved to the Ronald Mcdonald house. I like that "Emmett" sick...:). I am praying for all of you. I was reading this morning about that refuge in the shadow of His wings; the shelter of His wings; that protective shade. That is my prayer for each of you. Much love, Anna C.

Unknown said...

Good to hear how things are going! I knew God would provide people everywhere that would at least make you a feel a LITTLE closer to home. Continue to watch, I know He has much more in store that He wants to show you while you're there. I know you MUST be homesick, and I will pray for a peace that passes all understanding for the entire time you are there. Keep us posted.
Daisy

Anonymous said...

Hey Hope, I am happy to hear that Ivee is doing so well that she is hyper!I have just gotton back in town, and I was reading your blogs to update, you have really been busy. I will pray for all the Foleys, as I know it is hard to be apart from each other. Love , Karen G