About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Entering Week Three

You all wouldn't believe how well Ivee is doing. Within the last two weeks, she's really starting to do some sitting on her own. When I push her in the stroller, she sits up to the front on her own. She'll begin occupational and physical therapy this week. The therapist asked what I really wanted her to achieve. My answer, or course, is that she could sit up on her own with no assistance and for a lengthy amount of time. And also, that she could get to a sitting position on her own with no help from mom and dad. Sitting leads to crawling, pulling up, and then walking. The therapist completely agreed with me, so maybe we can get closer to that before we leave here in August.
Friday... the nurse anethesist had a talk with me. She said they had a really hard time knocking Ivee out Friday for radiation. They had to give her more medicine than they would like too. You can tell they did something different, cause when she came out of sedation...she was just totally different. She was grouchy, irritable, and wouldn't be still...throwing herself all around like a greased pig. She was mean the rest of the day. So on Monday, we are going to try to sedate her later in the day, closer to nap time to see if she won't fight to stay awake. Pray this works. Well, I'm hungry...gotta go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope, I am praying that the Lord will bring Ivee His "sweet sleep" and they won't have to give her more meds than necessary. Thank the Lord she is doing so well. I continue to pray for all of you. Love, Anna C.

Anonymous said...

I will pray for "easy sleep" for Ivee today... You remember my mean drunk Noah and how much he put up a fight so I know how frustrating it can be for both of you...I think Noah became immune to anything they could dish out. Went to lunch with Ethan and Emmett yesterday, wasn't the same without you....Hope to see you soon! Give Ivee a kiss for me...Love ya! Ang

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Ivy is doing great and we are so glad to hear it. We will continue to pray, pray, pray! Especially now for the sleep problem. I hope today went well and that they didn't have to give Ivy too much medication for the sleep.

Danielle emailed a note for Brittney to your email address. We sure are missing you all and hope that the rest of the time you are gone will speed by.
Allyson

Anonymous said...

I hope week 3 is going well. I will be praying that anesthesia isn't as hard this week, but it does sound like things are going good for her otherwise. Hang in there,
Daisy