About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Home and Happy

Ivee had her last procedure Friday at about 1:00 p.m., so we just decided to drive home. We got home about 9 p.m. So far, everything on her MRI came back negative for new growth...again. Hallelujah!

To answer some questions from comments.
1.All people can only have radiation once. From science, they have discovered that this is the amount that the human can handle. Remember, radiation is nuclear medicine.
2. Possible side affects are nothing like chemo. She will gain strength and become much more active. Nausea and vomiting are still possible side affects, but they are less common, esp. in patients that recieve radiation to the brain. The doctor said I would be amazed at the progress she will make, and how much better she will feel.
3. No......there have been no Elvis sightings. :)

Well, I should know more about things Monday, so I'll post when I know more. Love you all>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope - I am so glad you are home for Father's Day. I am also so Happy about the good report - no new growth!! So you will be home a week? I am so tired tonight I have typer's block! I just wanted to say YEAH good news. Also, my husband works with someone who is friends with your husband - I will have to ask his name again. He saw my name on the blog and knew there couldn't be that many Casallos in the area. Anyway...it is a small world. I hope your husband has a wonderful Father's Day and so glad you are home tonight. As Dorothy would say..."there's no place like home..." Blessings, Paula

Anonymous said...

Hi I have been keeping close watch
on Ivee on your blog. I work at
thomas hospital and scanned her
the first time. Became concerned that no blogs since 6-16. Are you
all doing ok? God bless you and your family. annonymous