About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Friday, January 28, 2011

What is coming.....

I will try to make all these details short and to the point as to not bore you or keep you from more important things.
Ivee has a reoccurance in the same area as her primary tumor. Dr. Merchant was shocked to see it in these scans. It has only been 6 months since the last MRI, so we are not sure if this mass began growing right after the MRI or just recently. After reviewing most of our options, Em and I have come to the decision to go for total resection of the new growth followed by radiation. If a 100% total resection cannot be accomplished, we will discuss other options. There is a new study being "run" right now for trying a chemotherapy for 6 months on a reoccurance, but it is a small study, and Em and I don't want to poison Ivee's body without more evidence and results of side effects. Anyone who has ever had a child go through chemotherapy knows how difficult and horrible it is, and Ivee always seems to get the side effects of drugs.
The history of her cancer shows that a 2nd dose of radiation is the most effective to treat the tumor area.
Her Spine MRI came back clear with no signs of metastatic disease.
We will meet with the surgeon in Mobile on Wednesday to discuss the fundoplication hernia. Unless it is life threatening, we will postpone any surgery to fix that, and probably have it taken care of in Memphis.
Thursday I will discuss surgery dates with the nuerosurgeons assistant and set up the tumor removal date. It will probably be done 2 to 3 weeks from now in Memphis by Dr. Boop, who is way too familiar with this cancer. He says it will not be an easy surgery, but he believes he can get it all. If he does get all the tumor, we will return home for a few weeks of healing. After that time, Ivee and I will move to Memphis to begin radiation treatments.
This is like starting over, except this time is a bit easier. We've been here before, we've made it through this. We're dealing with a smaller tumor, and hopefully none of the side effects of the first.
So, besides the obvious ways to pray for us, pray for Ethan and Britt. That we can make the best decision concerning them, our home and schooling.
As I know more I will keep you updated.
Love, Prayers, and Thanks
Hope m/o Ivee the blessed.

2 comments:

Christy Jesse said...

Praying for you guys!

Bellablue said...

Im just soooooo sad today ... I am praying for Miss Ivee .... I will follow you all closely ...

www.nickybear.com
God Bless
Angelia m/o Baby Nicholas