About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Getting Better

Two nights ago, I put Ivee back in her own room. She has done well. You can still her making noises in the night, but I haven't really heard any screams. Hopefully the nightmares are subsiding. She returned to pre-school yesterday and did very well! She didn't cry going in, cause her class was in the "Imagination Theatre" room dancing to music. For those who know Ivee, you know she loves to move it to the music!!! So, she didn't cry...she wanted to be a part of the party!
Yesterday, I got Ivee's shoes on her and she kept them on all day until we got home. This is a very big ordeal! Last night I dreamed that she walked. I have yet to have this dream when Emmett and friends have. Maybe it will all come to fruition now!
My wireless internet is down, so I can't post the cute pics I have of her until that is resolved. Thanks for checking in and talk at ya soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son was diagnosed with the same brain tumor right after his 1st first birthday. He too was late at hitting the "normal" mile stones. He had surgery and then we went to St. Jude for radiation. He too was unable to walk and was given orthodics (??spelling??). He also has extra fluid and still has hydrocephalus but no real symptoms except for walking. He turned 2 in Sept. and just last month began walking. There is hope! I was told that at our next appointment they were going to talk more about the extra fluid and see if anything should be done. We go back in 2 weeks for our 1 yr. post radiation check-up. My son also has problems with his eye turning in. We found a Neuro Eye doctor back home and he put him in glasses with bi-focals and it straightend it out. He wasn't able to see for quite some time and we didn't even know it. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time and always. Although I don't even know you or Ivee I feel like I do.

debchastain said...

Yeah! So glad that she's doing well in her room and glad that you can finally get some good sleep! Praying that she'll be taking those first steps soon!

Anonymous said...

So thankful she is in her room & doing well. We continue to pray for healing for Ivee and strength & encouragement for all of you.
You are doing an amazing job leading the choir!..along with everything else you have going on.
To God Be the Glory. We love all of you, Anna

Anonymous said...

So thankful she is in her room & doing well. We continue to pray for healing for Ivee and strength & encouragement for all of you.
You are doing an amazing job leading the choir!..along with everything else you have going on.
To God Be the Glory. We love all of you, Anna