About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One Down...

13 to go...


Today they extibated her, so the breathing tube is out. They keep commenting on how stubborn and strong she is. Well, they don't have to tell me, I live with it. But that is what gets her through. The Lord knew that Ivee would have to be a tough one! She has to be! She is currently resting, as I am showing you below. Once she wakes up, I am sure she will want to be held, but the ventriculoscopy has to stay at ear level, so we can't just pick her up and down as she pleases. That should be a fun battle.


If anything new arises, I will keep you informed. Thanks again for your prayers, love and support. If anyone wants to visit, we welcome you (as long as you are well). Em is working overtime alot this week, and I am usually in her room. We ARE in ICU, so only one person at a time can come in (if I am in the room/2 people in the room at a time is the limit for ICU). Em and I will be eating out this whole time, but we welcome homemade snacks...hint, hint...but South Beach Diet approved :)

Oh, and dark choclate M&M's are my favorite/weakness! :)

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey... Im really srry about Ivee im praying for you guys! I luv you!

momof3girls said...

I haven't left a comment in a while, but we ALWAYS pray for Ivee everyday. I hope this time goes by quickly and you all can get back home. She's such a sweet angel.
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hi! Ivee & your whole family are in our prayers. Ivee is on our Dept. Sunday Schools' prayer list. This is the Sunday School Dept. that Theresa Vaughan--was in.
Many HUGS to ya'll,
Mary Ellen Parker

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Just wanted you to know that I have prayed for your family today. God is faithful!

Love,
Laney

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for Ivee; for all of you...healing and strength. God is able; NOTHING is too hard for Him. Thank you Lord! We love ya'll, Anna C.

debchastain said...

sweet little sleeping girl... I hope the battles during awake time haven't been too rough on her (or you!). We're praying that the next week will go quickly and that God would heal her swiftly! Lots of love.

Anonymous said...

Ivee & Erin have alot in common-strong & stubborn are 2 words that I use all the time to describe her. I'm praying for your sweet baby girl.

Anonymous said...

Hope and Emmett - I'm glad I got to meet you - and I was particulary impressed when Emmett pronounced "ventriculoscopy" so well! :-) You guys are an imspiration. I'll keep praying for you (and maybe post more often now)
I'll be looking for you in the cafeteria!- Amy