About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A Quick Post

I have time for a quick post while here at St. Jude. We had an MRI today, but no news yet. Will probably be tomorrow.
Her Auditory Brainstem was yesterday. Her normal hearing is fine. She did fail the high frequency ranges, so I guess no annoying high pitch sounds in Ivee's future. Also, today we had another nose scope to check her vocal chords. Dr. Thompson said there is significant improvement. Her left vocal chord is becoming really strong, and he is looking forward to what her next swallow study will show. He think it will be good. However, he does believe that her right vocal chord is permanently paralyzed, and she will probably never regain function of it. Her left one is already learning to over compensate for the right ones inability. Will Ivee's swallowing or talking ever be normal? Probably not, but with God anything is possible.
Well, that is the report for now. I'll keep you posted.
Keep praying. God does answer prayer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO glad to hear from you!! I've checked a couple of times today to see if you'd had a chance to update. You guys have been on my mind, and I am praying for a wonderful report on the MRI. You're right, with GOD, ALL things ARE possible!
Daisy

Anonymous said...

Hope - checking in waiting on God's good news. I always scroll down to see that precious pic of Britney and Ivee asleep. That is the absolute most precious thing and I know you will always treasure that pic. Many blessings tonight. Wanna here a funny...I am going to tell you anyway. Ha Ha! Yesterday I was reading to K4's in the library. I was reading a part in a book that says you don't have to be afraid and if you are afraid you can always call... This little kids screams out "911"!!!! How can you argue with that. Too cute!! Good Night - Paula

Christy said...

Hey Hope,
Just wanted you to know that we are praying for you all. We will be checking in to see how all the reports go. I know things have gotten busy for us over the last couple of years but Brad and I will always remember all of our Sunday lunches when we first moved to Daphne. You and Emmett were so great to welcome us to our new church family. Faith Family will always be a part of our extended family. If you guys ever want to/or need to come for a visit you always have a place to stay. Love you guys!!! Christy Benton

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear from you. Thank the Lord for Ivee's improvements. Nothing is too hard for God. We continue to hold you in our prayers and hearts. Love, Anna C.

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping you all in my prayers and expecting good news from the MRI. Faye Carter

Anonymous said...

Hey I am so glad about Ivee being in remission! Mom told us a couple days ago. I love all of ya'll

Megan,
your niece and cousin