About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Monday, October 22, 2012

First, I just want to point you to the new feature of my blog. You can subscribe to my blog now by email. Just add your email in the box at the upper right side of this side bar -----> 
Everytime I update, you'll be notified! 
Now, on to my post


Sometimes it seems to me that time passes so quickly, and then somedays, it just goes to slowly! 
Today feels quite long. It began with a long visit for me to the dentist for a lovely...root canal! I honestly would just pull teeth if I had any to spare! Unfortunately, I inherited bad teeth. I have always taken great care with my teeth, and for some reason, I was just dealt the hand of rotten teeth! The average mouth has 32 teeth, and thanks to 3 successful root canals (1 or 4 went terribly wrong) and a total of 6 crowns, I am still the possessor of 20 teeth! Pathetic. I just know dentures are in my future, but I am determined to make it to my 60's with what I've got...and I've still got 20+ years to make that happen!!   

Okay enough of tooth talk! (Even though, I have forgotten to mention Ivee lost another tooth a week ago. That is a total of 3 tooth fairy visits. This time, she lost it while taste testing a cracker while we were out eating. It hurt and scared her at 1st, but once she saw it and heard the words tooth-fairy, and she was all smiles!) 

There is something I want to share with you guys, something I  normally don't talk about. You all know that Ivee has many problems due to surgery and treatment. It has been 17 months since Ivee's last radiation treatment. Since that time, we have continued to patch her left eye to increase her right eyes strength. The right eye was affected by the initial brain surgery in 2006, and the brain shut it off to relieve her double vision. We have been patching for years and that eye does work again. It had regained great vision, and we took a break, but after the 2nd radiation treatment, the eye became worse again. Some days, Ivee looks like this...
She had never seen this until the other night, when she looked in her mirror across from her bed, and said, "What is wrong with my eye? Why is it looking over there?" 
Broke my heart to hear her ask me this. Lately she ask questions about everything. Most days living with a 6 year old Ivee feels more like living with a 3 year old Ivee. She is so small, and just now catching up to the milestones she never met! I feel like I had an infant/toddler for 3 years. 
So, I am asking that you join me in praying for Ivee's eye along with praying for her up coming scans in November! 
Here are a few other pics to share...

Ivee and Mommy on Ivee's field trip to the Corn Maze!!
Ivee at Hippotherapy. She is learning to kneel on the horse now! Getting strong! 


The other day, Ivee was sitting at the table doing her homework. I couldn't help taking a picture. She is my miracle and growing into my big girl everyday! 

Finally, I don't usually ask this, but could you please lift me up in prayer for a personal health problem? I have been having some problems lately, and just ask that you would pray that God take the issues completely away and heal me! God bless you friends!! We love you all! 

No comments: