About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

2 more days of 2nd dose RT

Yes, two more days, and we are excited. Today was a long day and Ivee didn't really feel like cooperating. Tomorrow we start a late day, not until 11:30. She has a longer sedation time cause she has an MRI following her radiation treatment. Then a surprise for her, hopefully all will go right and Daddy will be coming up tomorrow afternoon. We saw Dr. Merchant today and he is happy with Ivee's progress. He watched her walking out the door today, leaving me behind and she took the nurse and ran off, and he just watched her and said, "She is doing so well. Really walking well and seeming like she is fine." He continued to to say, once again, how nervous it makes him to do 2nd dose radiation, mainly cause of the detrimental effects it can have on breaking down tissue and veins in the brain, and the deficits it can cause developmentally. He is just very pleased that Ivee doesn't seem to be showing any signs of deficits right now. That is what we are continuing to pray for. If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now...I love THAT MAN!!! He is a great doctor, who truly, genuinely, and absolutely has a desire to save my child, but not only that, to give her the best life possible after doing so. He is a blessing from God, and Ivee adores him as well. I'm sure he has a soft spot for her as well, as he has shown in many office visits.
Ivee does have an MRI tomorrow, where we not only will be checking for tumor, but mostly checking for tissue breakdown or weaknesses. Please, send up a prayer that Ivee's little brain, veins, and everything in there look healthy as possible. She has already suffered damage from past surgeries and treatments and has severe scarring in there as well. I'm praying that there is nothing new....at all!!!!!
Also, praying for safe travels for daddy tomorrow and safe travels for all 3 of us Friday. It is always strange to come back home after being gone for 2 months. It almost feels foreign, and then everyone has to all learn to live together under one roof again. Back to the old grind after developing new habits.
On a separate thought tonight, lift up a prayer for my friend Tony Shoemaker. His beautiful and wonderful wife Dee passed away today after battling chronic pain for a few years from a car wreak. She was the sweetest lady and one of the first people to introduce herself and make me feel welcome at our church.
That is all from the Foley's for now. Always many thoughts rambling around in this head of mine, but I can't put it all out there, especially since you don't want to hear them all and some might make you wonder what kind of mind I actually have....it is a bit insane in there at times.
Love from Hope and Ivee
"Heal me, Oh Lord, and I will be healed. Save me and I will be saved. For you are the one I praise." Jeremiah 17:14

No comments: