About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

We're 1/2 way there....

Yesterday was the 1/2 way mark for treatment. 15 of 30 done. We've made many, many new friends here. Ivee performs for them all the time, and gets noticed everywhere we go. It doesn't hurt that she is always dressed like a princess. Who wouldn't notice the child with style :) She is getting nauseated from radiation. I am trying to keep the zofran in her on schedule to help with that. It doesn't take much to gag her. I was chewing gum the other day and it made her gag. Of course I threw it away immediately. Her port has been acting up, but we manage to get it to work every week. She calls it the "bad buddy." She has regained all the strength she had before the surgery. Her walking has improved much. 
So, I know that everyone prays for us to return home quickly, and being apart is hard...BUT there are pluses to this journey. Not everything in life it negative. Would anyone ask for this journey...HECK NO! But God moves in all ways. One of the great things about St. Jude and the RMH/Target houses is that everyone is going through what you're going through...so when your 18 and have a bald head, or your face has been ravaged by cancer and you are here for reconstruction, or you have a vomit bag on your mouth...you don't have to be conscientious...everyone here knows what's going on with you and they are encouraging and praying you through. AND we are ALL missing our family and friends, so we cherish getting to know one another so you have someone to talk to!!! It's is bitter-sweet when someone goes home, like Momma Teresa. Boy we miss her around here. Many of us are scheduled to be here until the end of our journey, so we all have anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. Some will go home for a little while to take a break, then be back for treatment in a month to stay for 4 months or longer. There are always new families arriving as other families leave. 
On a plus side, as well, Ivee has been getting lots of mail and LOVES it!!! She wants to go check everyday and see if there is something new. It amazes us how many strangers are blessing us with prayers, cards and gifts. 
I always have so many on my prayer list but these are the immediate ones right now. I would ask that you join me in praying for these children. 
Aubrey-Facial reconstructive surgery and biopsy
Brayden- They are sending him home, they can't do anymore here for him
Justin-radiation, pray for blood counts
Haley-Like Ivee, reoccurance, 2nd dose radiation
Levi- finishing treatment this Tuesday, protection liver
Emily- radiation, chemo treatment
Brandon-Ivee's new BFF- radiation, chemo, steroids. Protection
Lucy and Miracle-Radiation, pray for blood count, protection
Chasity-Radiation, protection, decisions. 
Anderson-Continue to ask God to heal him
Myah-Done with treatment, God heal her!!!
Isaiah-Continued healing
Dorian, Ivory, Lyssie, Noah, matthew- God just heal/save them

There are so many more, but these are the ones going through treatment, reoccurances, at the end of their fighting and need a miracle, and severe medical problems. 

God bless you all and keep praying for us all!!!

Jeremiah 17:14
"Heal me, O Lord, and I'll be healed. 
Save me and I will be saved
For you are the one I praise"

No comments: