About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Slightly Better Outlook

Well, she is talking to us this morning. Last night she wouldn't look at us, talk to us, answer our questions or even let us touch her. She would just lay there staring into space. Had us worried for so many reasons. This morning she let me lay with her and put her feet on me. (She loves to put her feet on her me and her sister) She still isn't herself, but she is at least responsive. I brought her Cinderella dress, so I told her after a bath, mommy will dress her up like the princess that she is!
They did a chest x ray last night. No fluid, but the right lung is showing hazziness, which means that it is a little collapsed in the lower part. We are doing a pressure treatment that inflates the lung and makes it work harder. Her stats (O2) were good last night. They never got below 92. So the treatment from last night helped. She has a strong cough today, but she is still very junky. We will begin the lower the pressure on the O2 again today. She hasn't had a bowel movement since last Thursday, so I have asked for a softener for two days. Actually going to get it today (even if I have to go find it) and help her out with the constipation, which is quite common for Ivee after sedation. It is very difficult for her to get going again. She is still on a steroid for inflammation at this time and zantac to counter act the side effects of the steroid. She is only puffy/swollen in her face. But for those who know her, you know she has fat cheeks anyway.
I'll keep you updated as the day progresses.

No comments: