About Me

My photo
Born in Atmore, United States
Wife & Mommy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and three great kids. I believe in my Creator who guides me everyday. My favorite interest are stage/theatre, music/singing, antiques and art.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

1 Year Anniversary

It is that time of year. Yes, Christmastime...true. But I'm referring to the 1 year anniversary of the day where our lives changed forever. This Tuesday, December 18th marks a year from the day that Ivee fell. Our lives were changed forever. I know that God was/is our strength through all of this and for the rest of our lives, but we also know that he uses his people in a great way to be his "physical" hand. WE ARE SO BLESSED! I wanted to make a thank you to all of you, and the best way I could think of doing that is to make a video of Ivee's life. You have all had a hand in saving her...through your prayers and support. This journey was made easier through all of you. We feel as though words are not enough.
So my first request. Please, take 10 minutes to watch her video. It was too long to post on here, so I had to post it on youtube. The link is listed on the top to the left. The hardest part about making this video is I didn't want to leave any part of her journey out, but the video would have lasted 24 hours. No one is going to watch a video that long, so I had to purposefully leave things out. Oh, make sure your volume is up. These are some of mommy's favorite songs, and Ivee has a message.
My next request is if you know anyone who is struggling with an illness or maybe even cancer themselves, let them know about the video. Ivee's a strong fighter, and people like to know/feel that they are not alone.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL! We love you more than words can say.

5 comments:

Luvlie said...

Wow... that is such a moving video! I am going to show it to my parents later when they come over. They have been praying for Ivee since last January. Happy 1 year anniversary (that is also my birthday). I am still reading your blog several times a week and keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers, even if I don't comment all the time!

I love you guys and I pray you have a wonderful Christmas!

~Lori

Anonymous said...

Hey, my Mom called me to tell me she saw the video you posted. I just watched it and I do not have the words... Thank you for sharing your family with us. We serve an awesome God. We love you guys. Cathy "P".

Anonymous said...

Hope - I couldn't stop crying in your video. Tears of joy mostly... but some tears because your angel had to suffer. So is sooooo cute and I am so glad she is CANCER FREE!!! I just want to give her a big squeeze!! I have never seen her with my eyes but I feel like she could be one of my nieces I love her that much. Sounds strange I know but I think God just meant for me to know you guys even if it is just on the computer. What is hard for me especially as a mom is that our babies are so dependent on us and that can be so draining but then you read..."She was hurting and we didn't know it" and you just go God please help me be patient and understanding with my child. My Mackenzie has a temper and I truly just don't know what to do with her but I love her. I never want to disregard her feelings - you know! You guys have helped me more than you know - thank you!! Watching your faith and how it has brought you through has inspired me!! I pray for a great 2008 for the Foley family! All God's best! Paula

Anonymous said...

You ARE blessed and we are blessed by you! I am sobbing so I can't really even see what I'm typing, so I hope it will make sense. Krista and I were were talking at church tonight about how it was about 1 year ago that the long journey for you guys began. I don't think anyone that knows you will ever forget how God moved and led you to find Ivee's tumor. It was ALL Him and I know you clung to that. Ivee was at our house for us to keep her for the staff Christmas party the day before she fell. I remember when I heard what was going on, all I could think was that she was just here with us in our home doing fine as we thought and how quickly things changed. But we know we serve an unchanging God and He has a plan and a purpose for Ivee.
Your video was beautiful, and your family is precious, and I am so excited to get to watch Ivee grow up and see what God has in store for her.
Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us!
Daisy

momof3girls said...

I don't know why I feel such a burden for Ivey-besides the fact that she's so adorable! I'm still crying from watching the video as I sat holding one of my own babies. I'm so thankful that Ivey is cancer free. Still today we pray for her-several times a day. We will continue to pray for her. We love all of you so much. Emma asked me during the Christmas musical, "Who is singing?" I said, "Mrs. Hope, baby Ivey's mom." Even though she's never really met either one of you, she immediatly knew who I was talking about. May God continue to bless you all!
Tammy